Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah the Jeepin' Dog

This is Sarah- Many of you didnt know her. She was our Jeepin' Dog before Zoe came along.

Today I had to do the most difficult thing any dog owner has to do, I had to put her down Sarah was almost sixteen years old. Up until the last few weeks, she was still happy and wagging. The wags started diminishing gradually, as her health got worse. I think her kidneys were failing (among other things), as she had to drink a ton of water every day. The last few days she hasnt been getting up to drink her water. For the first time last night she couldnt get out of her basket, I had to carry her out.

So it was time.

Rest in peace Sarah, you will be missed greatly.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Sorry to hear that Tam . . . without a doubt one of the toughest things to have to do. I dread the day that I have to make those decisions for Turbo. 16 years though . . . wow, sounds like Sarah had a full life . . . and with the Jeepin' and all, you know she had a great time! RIP
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had to do that. It's tough, but sounds like you made the right decision. Mat

Comment

I'm coming up to the same thing Tam. One of our dogs is 16 1/2 and you can tell he won't be around much longer. It is definately a hard thing to do but it is better than letting them suffer.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

sorry to hear that Tam.
          she will be in doggy heaven.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hey Tam, My heart goes out to you guys. Ditto on you doing the right thing as hard as it was.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

sorry Tam
                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

So sorry and sad for your lost, like Schmo says though what a great life you gave her..
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

We're very sorry to hear that Tam, we've had to go through that to and it's very difficult. Remember the good times and her memory will stay with you forever.

We're sorry for your loss.

~John & Chris~

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tam. You'll be surprised how in a short while you'll remember the good times more than the sad times.
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I'm sorry
                          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Thanks guys.

I was kinda pushed to do this before I may otherwise have done it. We were expected at our family gathering Christmas Eve and all day Christmas. I couldnt leave her alone all day in her basket, and she didnt have the strength to get out.

Chuck (cbremer) and Erin related a story of her that made me smile. One wheeling trip, a beautiful spring day. We were running Miller Jeep Trail. We were having lunch at the bottom of the hill, near the creek. We kept throwing rocks into the water, which was about 18" deep. She would go into the water, and retreive the exact rock. She had to put her head completely under the water to find it. One rock after the other. Then someone threw in a hammer...she had a harder time with that

Good memories She was a great dog!

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. my little dog is 15 now and takes heart pills and I have to give him a IV of liquid twice a week for the kidneys. this is very hard, this news has my eyes watering. damn
                              Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                              X