Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97sahara View Post
    im talking with the vice president of corp. i sent him an email with all the pictures of the scratches and the pictures of before and after showing how the valve stems are in different places with the letters on the tires. the email was sent at about 930 on wenesday morning. i never got an email or call back from the guy yesterday so i sent him another email at 830 this morning and i never recieved a call or email today. ill be calling him tomorrow morning.
    please come back and let us know what happens because i think we are all pulling for you and hope that the issue is resolved some way or another. if they dont i think ther are some opinions on this board that may be changed because a lot of people here have had good customer service from discount tire/americas tire but it seems you have not. best of luck with your problems.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      chris i don't know why you found this thread hard to read it made perfect sense to me and obviously everybody else since there were replies before yours that made no mention of the hard to read thread. i feel bad that the original posters tires were messed up by discount tire and that they are not living up to their mess and giving him problems with living up to their mistake and not admitting they scratched up his tires. it sucks that they even said the stems were not changed even though the original poster has pictures of his jeep from last summer where you can tell the stems are obviously different and have been changed or moved or something since last summer. i hope that the original poster can talk to somebody in the company that is higher than the manager and get something done about his problems.
      If you wish to be taken seriously, then apply a smattering of punctuation, grammer(sic) and hit the enter key from time to time. Thus-

I took my jeep in to have the tires and wheels that I bought from them 3 years ago rebalanced. I also needed to have the one slow leak fixed.

While performing the work needed, they scratched my rims and told me it was from me hitting curbs.

The manager told me he personally worked on my jeep himself and he didn't fix the leak because he didn't see it leaking from anywhere.

He also related that he never broke down any of the tires to spin them to help them balance better.

I believe him to be mistaken because I have pictures of it from the summer time and the valve stems are in different locations. I am discounting the tires spinning on the rims because I neither air down or go offroad.

The manager tells me he will contact a guy at a corporate office and have him call me. He hoped to have this person in touch with me before noon on Monday.

After not hearing anything, I made a call to the manager to inform him of this deficiency and 5 minutes later the guy calls.

He tells me that the manager told him he watched the two guys work on my jeep and that they never broke any of the tires down except the one to replace the valve stem because it was bad.

I then said, wait a minute the manager told me he worked on it himself and didnt find a leak now hes telling u he watched two other guys work on it and they did find a leak. (sorry, some things even I can't fix)

He told me to take it to another Discount tire location and ask the manager there what he thinks. He told me its not from a curb but he doesnt know what could cause that (its obvious its from a duckhead on the tire machine)

I stop at two other tire shops on the way home and they both tell me its from a worn out duck head on a tire machine. I also recently got a job at a tire shop and everyone there said the same thing.

At this point I tried calling the coporate guy back but he had already left for the day. I don't know why he had to leave at 1:30pm though, maybe something personal came up. It seems to me like they're just beating around the bush to get out of fixing this problem.

I'm not giving up. I intend to slander these good for nothing rotten bastids and spam every forum I can find with my tale of woe.
      Last edited by JeepGal; 12-07-08, 12:20 PM.
      I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
        If you wish to be taken seriously, then apply a smattering of punctuation, grammer(sic) and hit the enter key from time to time. Thus-

I took my jeep in to have the tires and wheels that I bought from them 3 years ago rebalanced. I also needed to have the one slow leak fixed.

While performing the work needed, they scratched my rims and told me it was from me hitting curbs.

The manager told me he personally worked on my jeep himself and he didn't fix the leak because he didn't see it leaking from anywhere.

He also related that he never broke down any of the tires to spin them to help them balance better.

I believe him to be mistaken because I have pictures of it from the summer time and the valve stems are in different locations. I am discounting the tires spinning on the rims because I neither air down or go offroad.

The manager tells me he will contact a guy at a corporate office and have him call me. He hoped to have this person in touch with me before noon on Monday.

After not hearing anything, I made a call to the manager to inform him of this deficiency and 5 minutes later the guy calls.

He tells me that the manager told him he watched the two guys work on my jeep and that they never broke any of the tires down except the one to replace the valve stem because it was bad.

I then said, wait a minute the manager told me he worked on it himself and didnt find a leak now hes telling u he watched two other guys work on it and they did find a leak. (sorry, some things even I can't fix)

He told me to take it to another Discount tire location and ask the manager there what he thinks. He told me its not from a curb but he doesnt know what could cause that (its obvious its from a duckhead on the tire machine)

I stop at two other tire shops on the way home and they both tell me its from a worn out duck head on a tire machine. I also recently got a job at a tire shop and everyone there said the same thing.

At this point I tried calling the coporate guy back but he had already left for the day. I don't know why he had to leave at 1:30pm though, maybe something personal came up. It seems to me like they're just beating around the bush to get out of fixing this problem.

I'm not giving up. I intend to slander these good for nothing rotten bastids and spam every forum I can find with my tale of woe.
        wow you should have been my english teacher. spaming every forum? more like alerting people of how they run their bussiness. from posting this on other forums i have learned that i am not they only person they messed up with. but the other people only had to make one phone call to corporate to get it straightened out. i have made 8 calls to corporate and the vice president only returned my phone call once.

Comment

wow you should have been my english teacher. spaming every forum? more like alerting people of how they run their bussiness. from posting this on other forums i have learned that i am not they only person they messed up with. but the other people only had to make one phone call to corporate to get it straightened out. i have made 8 calls to corporate and the vice president only returned my phone call once.
          Judging from your reply, your English teachers probably reached the same conclusion I have and gave up.
          I am Savvy.

Comment

so the vice president called me back today. he told me he agrees with me that they did spin the tires but those scratches are not from their machine. he said the scracthes look like they're from concrete or rocks and that i probably took it off road the day before when i washed it and didnt notice them til after i picked it up. i then told him i have the pictures on several different websites and everyone agrees that its from the head of the machine and they will probably loose bussiness over this and he told me that was fine because hes positive its not from a tire machine and that if it was he would have no problem telling me and would get them fixed. i then had to go to class so i told him that and we both hung up. next step BBB?

Comment

so the vice president called me back today. he told me he agrees with me that they did spin the tires but those scratches are not from their machine. he said the scracthes look like they're from concrete or rocks and that i probably took it off road the day before when i washed it and didnt notice them til after i picked it up. i then told him i have the pictures on several different websites and everyone agrees that its from the head of the machine and they will probably loose bussiness over this and he told me that was fine because hes positive its not from a tire machine and that if it was he would have no problem telling me and would get them fixed. i then had to go to class so i told him that and we both hung up. next step BBB?
              You shouldn't lie to the VP's of companies like that. I don't agree that their machine did it, so not "everyone" agrees with you. Besides, if you send emails like you reply on boards, there's no way you're going to be taken seriously.
              I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                You shouldn't lie to the VP's of companies like that. I don't agree that their machine did it, so not "everyone" agrees with you. Besides, if you send emails like you reply on boards, there's no way you're going to be taken seriously.
                The kid is just trying to get some help on what to do from some of us on the forums. I didn't realize grammar was a prerequisite.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
                  The kid is just trying to get some help on what to do from some of us on the forums. I didn't realize grammar was a prerequisite.
                  Grammar is most assuredly not a prerequisite. I never said it was. I merely pointed out that if you want to be taken seriously, perhaps you could do a few things differently when presenting your side of things with the written word.

If you are too lazy to hit the spell check function, a capital key once in awhile and use a paragraph break now and then, then don't expect to be taken too seriously. Especially if you do the same when you correspond with someone who you are trying to get to help you. But no, it's not a prerequisite.

If you go back and read, I have not said that's what he did when writing to the tire store, just that if he did, I can see where there might be issues getting the outcome he desires.
                  I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
                  X