Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
    nothing wrong with that if you dont put everything on credit.
    That doesn't even make sense... if you're living like a millionaire on a $40,000/year income, how can you NOT put everything on credit? Are you talking about people who make $40,000 a year, but have a large inheritance?

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      That doesn't even make sense... if you're living like a millionaire on a $40,000/year income, how can you NOT put everything on credit? Are you talking about people who make $40,000 a year, but have a large inheritance?

Mat,
      You don't have a huge inheritance? Get with the program man... I'm marrying a rich, old Jewish woman from Beverly Hills. The only draw back is the Briss...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

September Madness...

My brother passed along this chart to me this afternoon... A little food for thought...

[CENTER][/CENTER]
        Regards,
        Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

That is so awesome, but why am I cryin' ?
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

not an original thought but...

Hi Everyone,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a ''We Deserve It Dividend''.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85billon that equals $425,000.

My plan is to give $425,000 to everyperson 18+ as a'We Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.

What would you do with $297,500 to $595,000 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ('vote buy') economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale... We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              bonus points for anyone that can tell me which branch of government the Federal Reserve is, OR who owns it!
              The Federal Reserve is a privately owned entity.

The "owners" are a highly guarded secret. Even the President of the United States does not know who owns the Fed Res. (supposedly)

However a document leaked out some time ago that listed the major share holders. 5 Corporations own a majority of the shares. (66%)

They are (in order)

1) Citibank
              2) Chase Manhatten
              3) Morgan Guaranty
              4) Chemical Bank
              5) Manufacturers Hanover

Some of the others are: Bankers Trust, Bank of New York, Euro/American bank & trust, J. Henery Schroder bank & trust, National bank of North America.

Now... Of the top 5 controlling interests of the Fed, they can all be traced back to two names. Morgan & Rockefeller. In 2000 Chase (Rockefeller) "aquired" JP Morgan (Morgan) and all it's assets and corporations.

SO the short answer to your question is. "Who owns the Federal Reserve?" The Rockefellers.

Who now owns all the banks? (see above)

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                Hi Everyone,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a ''We Deserve It Dividend''.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.
                Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85billon that equals $425,000.
                I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .
                And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
                Sorry Jesse, I've just got to... I got that dumb e-mail too and I did do the math:

$85,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 is NOT $425,000... it's $425.00. Even with the new 700 Billion dollar one, we'd only end up with 2 grand per *assumed* 18+ adult. Although, I'd still like the $425, or 2 grand than giving it to these damn banks...
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Email your Senators NOW!

The Senate will most likely vote on this tonight and your Senators need to know how their states citizens feel about the bailout.

It is my understanding that their staff is tracking "for" and "against" letters and emails. Be sure in the subject you state your opinion (ex. NO BAILOUT!).

In CA our Senators are Feinstein and Boxer (sigh...). Contact info for your Senators can be found at - http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Matt

Comment

well that's what I git for helping my kids do the fuzzy math homework thing!

Comment

this one gets house and senate members in one fell swoop.

http://capwiz.com/jbs/issues/alert/?alertid=11963861
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I was able to get an email off to both of my Senators.

But the House of reps seem to be getting more traffic than they can handle:shout:

Messaging Service Unavailable
                        The House of Representatives is currently experiencing an extraordinarily high amount of email traffic. The Write Your Representative function is therefore intermittently available. While we realize communicating to your Members of Congress is critical, we suggest attempting to do so at a later time, when demand is not so high. System engineers are working to resolve this issue and we appreciate your patience.

Comment

Very interesting information about our current economic "crisis" / "situation"

All,

Some good articles and informative pieces I have found over the last few days... Thought you might also find them interesting.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/129158.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68D9XrqyrWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

and if the censors at YouTube have already removed these files, let me know... I have them saved locally.
                          Regards,
                          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Pascoe View Post
                            I was able to get an email off to both of my Senators.

But the House of reps seem to be getting more traffic than they can handle:shout:
                            If you use Brian's link, there is no error. I have been writing every day, more than once! Woohoo!
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Oh, they have a new link up:
                              http://capwiz.com/jbs/issues/alert/?...000861&type=CO
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                                Sorry Jesse, I've just got to... I got that dumb e-mail too and I did do the math:

$85,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 is NOT $425,000... it's $425.00. Even with the new 700 Billion dollar one, we'd only end up with 2 grand per *assumed* 18+ adult. Although, I'd still like the $425, or 2 grand than giving it to these damn banks...

Dude . . . I've seen this :poop: circulated in too many places to count . . . perhaps the lack of basic math skills is the part of root problem in this country
                                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X