Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see in November just how many votes Ron Paul (or any of the others, that idiot Nader has ran in every election I can remember) manage to get. Perot managed to gather 18.9% of the popular vote in 1992 - and as far as "actual, measurable effect", it might as well have been 0%. If there'd been an eBay back then, his memorabilia might have made an impact
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

At least in Hemet where I grew up they hold elections in schools on election day. They spent a couple weeks letting us do research on the candidates and had us do reports on what party we most resembled then we had to vote. Crazy in 5th grade I considered myself Republican. LoL.
      www.jeep.matandtiff.com

Comment

@Old Fart, you're right, we'll see. But we got a revolution on our hands this time I don't know that much about past candidates, other than the fact that after the election they seemed to just kinda go away. I think Ron Paul has taken people to a point of no return -whether or not the 'votes' show it, and me being affected
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

it would be difficult to garnish a "majority vote" if there were more than 2 major political parties.
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I found this interesting.

Oddly enough...Al Jazeera covers Ron Paul more than our own media. Tell me that the media isn't controlled by corporations, which have bias on what politicians get into office, which influence 90% of the general opinion.
            [CENTER]
            Article
            [/CENTER]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              Oddly enough...Al Jazeera covers Ron Paul more than our own media. Tell me that the media isn't controlled by corporations, which have bias on what politicians get into office, which influence 90% of the general opinion.
              [CENTER]
              Article
              [/CENTER]
              Mmmmhmm!

Comment

I just received this in an email. It's much longer, but here is the important part. I thought it was clever how at the RNC everyone seemed to be on the same page in the audience.

Here's why:
                Mark and I reach to floor and find each chair has a sign (something we are
                forbidden from bringing in) and instructions. It tells us how to wave our sign
                and what to chant.
                Good stuff huh.

Comment

Oh, some more "shakin" is going on. Just wanted to post the news!

WASHINGTON — Republican Rep. Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning Texas lawmaker who attracted a devoted following in the GOP primaries, said Wednesday he rejected an appeal to endorse John McCain’s presidential bid.
                  http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...r-endorsement/

Comment

Working...
                  X