Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore Oil

Where were all these anti-oil people that want to block the offshore oil rigs when Exxon got away with destroying the Alaskan coast and paying *nothing* to be able do so!?

I am so pissed! the monetary award that should have been paid 20 years ago has been reduced from $5,000,000,000 (5 Billion) to just 500 mil!

20% of the claimants have died in that 20 year time!

19% of the award will go to the lawyers!

Al Gore has no comment? hello?

Arnold? cat got yer toungue?

Now people are coming out of the woodwork to keep "big oil" from drilling off the coast "in case" it ruins the coastline... HELLO! Exxon allready ruined the coastline! and friggin' got away with it!

They just set the precendent, so when the oil spill is along the california coast, they can just bring up this case and say, "hmm, what was the ruling? ok, lets adjust that award... down to 10%.... and we'll pay it when we feel like it, say in 20 years or so.."

you know what the difference to me is?

instead of putting $30,000- away for EACH (EACH!)of my three kids for colledge, since they can't be fishermen like their Grandad was (or I was gonna be), maybe I will pay off a credit card an buy a new gun...

instead of $160,000 I am looking at $7,500.
    That's fair right? my Dad would have gotten the money but he didn't live to see it...

Thanx for letting me vent. The treehuggers have done me no favors AGAIN.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

yeah i was pretty disappointed in that ruling too, especially for the fishermen and families that basically had a major portion of their state and livelihood ruined by a drunk sailor.

the reason i heard was "we didn't feel that a larger damage cost was paid because it would be unlikely to prevent the oil companies from changing their practices either way", or out another way, "yeah, we really don't care if the oil company pays for all the lives it ruined. doesn't make a difference to us down here in washington what happens up there in alaska, and at least it keeps our oil lobbyists happy".

if you ask me that was one crock of you-know-what, and it sucks even more to hear it from someone that is so directly affected.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Not to rain on your parade...but you have to split that $7500 with me so your only getting $3750....ouch!!! huge difference from what they were supposed to award and i agree very disappointing!! only thing we might have going for us now is the interest from 1994 till now....

Comment

D'OH!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          Thanx for letting me vent. The treehuggers have done me no favors AGAIN.
          No offense, but I wouldn't ever get your hopes up for anything relating to any tree huggers. I never expect any favors from them. All they do is bitch & moan and cause trouble for the rest of the population.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
          X