Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices

i was just thinking about this:

has your monthly cost of gas exceeded your monthly vehicle payment? (can be another vehicle instead of the jeep, but must be the cost of gas for that vehicle instead)

add the assumption you are making a payment, or if paid off then would gas cost more than your payment still would...
    yes
    47.37%
    no
    52.63%
    Last edited by maddmike; 06-11-08, 10:31 PM.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

No payment, never had one. Bought my Jeep straight caaaaash.... Even so, I only spend $200/month on gas for my regular commute. Months where I drive a diesel, go wheeling or some other factor, my costs are higher.

It has been forcing me to do a lot of carpooling with the wife to keep me in the $200 budget lately. We work less than a mile away from each other, and only 11 miles from home, so it's nice and easy for us to carpool.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I commute 70 miles a day. It's an easy drive across the Desert from Lucerne Valley to Victorville, but I still burn a lot of gas.

My wife and I talked the other day and agreed that since our kids are grown and out of the house, and I make a pretty decent income, we are not going to let the gas prices get to us. My work is switching to a 4-day work week so that will be a 20% savings on my commute costs. On the other hand I'll have one more day to play with my CJ.....
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Car payment.... they paid me to take this thing away.

anyways never drive it. Got a truck and been using that and still dont drive anymore.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Carpooling has its ups and downs, but when it's nice and warm the jeep carpool is always the best!
          www.jeep.matandtiff.com

Comment

(off topic)

Mat and tif, did you guys have the baby yet?

been offline for a while so you may have posted something and i didn't catch it...
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
              (off topic)

Mat and tif, did you guys have the baby yet?

been offline for a while so you may have posted something and i didn't catch it...
              ever heard of that thing called a pm?
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                ever heard of that thing called a pm?
                Guess he hasn't...

Nope on the baby... She's due Sunday, and Tiffany's certainly ready.

</off topic>

Carry on...

Comment

commute from victorville to anaheim every day plus go from job to job once i'm there. about 250 gallons a month, right now that's about $1,200 a month. the good news is it's a company truck, my boss pays the gas, upkeep, insurance and wrote the check to buy it. plus i get a new one every 2-3 years.
                  Last edited by TJ Clay; 06-12-08, 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm beginning to debate the merits vs. risks of running to work in the morning...

Merits: More physically fit, no cost in gas...

Risks: Rattlesnakes & nobody around at 4am to take my snake bitten butt to the hospital.

Merits are getting closer to winning.
                    Last edited by USMC 0369; 06-12-08, 08:18 PM.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                      I'm beginning to debate the merits vs. risks of running to work in the morning...

Merits: More physically fit, no cost in gas...

Risks: Rattlesnakes & nobody around at 4am to take my snake bitten butt to the hospital.

Merits are getting closer to winning.
                      I've been having that debate but with riding a bike (no rattlers here). First things first, I need to buy a bike .

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        I've been having that debate but with riding a bike (no rattlers here). First things first, I need to buy a bike .
                        If we had showers where I work, I would ride a bike. On the way to work, the ride is relatively downhill. But to sit for 9+ hours after breaking a sweat during 13 mile bike ride, eh... doesn't sound pleasant.
                        But saving money from reduced spending on gas and a cancelled gym membership....

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                          If we had showers where I work, I would ride a bike. On the way to work, the ride is relatively downhill. But to sit for 9+ hours after breaking a sweat during 13 mile bike ride, eh... doesn't sound pleasant.
                          But saving money from reduced spending on gas and a cancelled gym membership....
                          We have showers at work

Anybody got a good bike for sale cheap?

Comment

I have a hose...that should work right? It's 100 degrees by 10am...so I'll dry.
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X