Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Write Your Senator about proposed Ammo Restrictions!!!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write Your Senator about proposed Ammo Restrictions!!!

This has made it through the house, gotta stop it at the senate...

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3965

or maybe if you're friends with Arny you could get him to Veto it.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Ah, thanks for the link to this! For those who don't want to click this bill...

would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. (Plus a $3 tax per transaction!)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Now this sucks. They are slowly taking away our freedoms. I should start stock piling ammo now.
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I sent my email. Problem is...with the gas prices it's kinda difficult to stock up on anything!

Comment

finally got a chance to compose a letter. come on folks, please write.
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Sent mine email last week, Been stocking up but blew through 300 .223, 150 9mm and 200 22lr on the last range day. I am going to try to pick up a few boxes everytime I go to walmart. I was up to 2000 9mm. As far as gas prices go, the Jeep is parked. It's the Harley everyday unless I need to carry something that won't fit in my bags.
            Dennis
            04 TJ
            4.0/Auto
            RE 4.5 Long Arm
            Rock-It Man Rockers
            33x12.50 BFG A/T
            desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

This is crazy, how are we gonna teach our kids to shoot when we can't give them ammo at the range? It's like nobody thinks of the details before they write these laws...
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                This is crazy, how are we gonna teach our kids to shoot when we can't give them ammo at the range? It's like nobody thinks of the details before they write these laws...
                that detail should not go unnoticed!!! send it to the senator!!!
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  the people who think of these laws are the ones who never use guns.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

E-mailed Arnie about the ammo thing, he sent me an E-mail thanking me for taking an interest in the san francisco bay area blah blah... I say we get a bunch of auto-dialers and phone phreak his ass outta the mansion!

I figured out why politicians like Hollywood so much, Hollywood keeps the rest of us buisy while the politicians murder our rights!

Comment

This is the email I got back:

Dear Ms. Earl:

Thank you for your recent correspondence expressing opposition to
                      Assembly Bill 2566 (Hancock) and Assembly Bill 2948 (Leno), which are
                      both gun control measures.

I oppose both of these bills because they create another layer of
                      burdensome regulations on both businesses and gun owners. Like other
                      gun control regulations, these bills will burden only law abiding gun
                      owners, not criminals, who will continue to buy guns and ammunition by
                      illegal means.

While the Democrats in the Capitol continue to resist tougher sentencing
                      laws to keep violent felons off the street, they push for stricter gun
                      laws that would make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to
                      protect themselves. I believe this is the wrong approach, and I will
                      continue to fight for the right of law abiding citizens to own guns.

My wife, Assemblywoman Sharon Runner, who represents you in the
                      Assembly, voted against AB 2948 when it came before her in the Assembly
                      Appropriations Committee and again on the Assembly Floor.

AB 2948 passed out of the Assembly by a 44-34 vote, with all Republicans
                      in opposition, and is currently awaiting a hearing in the Senate Public
                      Safety Committee. AB 2566 failed passage in the Assembly Public Safety
                      Committee by a 1-2 vote, with both Republicans voting against the bill
                      and most Democrats abstaining. You may monitor the progress of these
                      bills at www.sen.ca.gov/runner.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me.
                      Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding legislative
                      issues of concern to you. It is an honor to serve you in the California
                      State Senate.

Sincerely,

GEORGE C. RUNNER, JR.
                      Senator, 17th District

P.S. If you'd to like to receive my newsletter, Runner's Week in Review,
                      please join my email list at www.sen.ca.gov/runner.

Comment

well, o.k. but this is AB2062.
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          the people who think of these laws are the ones who never use guns.
                          True statement, hell there might even be people making comments on this post that dont have guns either? E-mail sent...M
                          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

There are offroaders that don't own guns????
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY
                            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

some people don't have the money to have both... yet.

that's not me, but you know...

Comment

Working...
                              X