X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well my Jeep made out pretty okay this year:

1) CD/MP3 Player

2) 3 Ton Floor Jack w/ Stands

3) CB/Antenna/Speaker combo with everything i need to install it.

CB is going in tomorrow it should prove to be an interesting project.

The only place it's going to fit in my Jeep is in the Tuffy Center Console where a "CD" player should go. (I was told by numberous people that if you mount a CD player in that location it will skip due to the angle).

My problem is that there is a welded in lip running all the way around in this compartment that was designed for a CD player. This lip is preventing the CB from sliding into the space once it's gone the CB should fit in without a problem.

My plan:
    Take out the tuffy console and bust out my grinder and get rid of the lip that is in the way then install the CB. I like this set-up for the CB the best. My CD player is installed where a traditional stereo would be and it has a detachable face so it's good to go for security purposes. If i can get the CB into the spot in the console that was made for the CD player that will give me desired security for it. All i will have to do is plug in/un-plug the CB mic when i am/am not using it.

EDIT: After consulting my build team for this project we are going to attempt a different approach. The bottom of the tuffy console where a CD player would go has no floor. I might get lucky and be able to install the CB through the bottom and use the lip on the top as a securing device rather then grind it off......more to follow.

Incase anyone was wondering the CB in question is the Cobra 29 LTD Classic (already tweaked and peaked).

If i get motivated enough i might take pictures and do a write-up on it. I am not sure how much if any interest anyone would have heck the easy thing to do would be to buy a CB that actually fits into the tuffy console.....but what fun would that be?
    Last edited by PondScum; 12-25-03, 11:15 PM.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Got myself some new/used tires. My girl got me a GPS/walkie-talkie (Rino). Gonna' take me a year to figurew out how to use it. She also got me lots of clothes; stuff I would actually wear . Santa was good this year. Lots of baby clothes for BABYHEAD
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Shopping done...got some real tools...just a Craftsman socket set...they only had the big sets or the dinky sets left...I got as much as I could on the gift cards I had. No cheap stuff anymore (those stay home for house stuff).

Hey, there is a theme here...not what did you get for Christmas...but what did your Jeep get for Christmas. (Although I got the bling.)

Edit: Got air! Wheeee!

Comment

Well, lets . . .
          from Tammy (thank you baby!)

1.5 Million Candlepower spotlight
          some mini LED flashlights
          fuzzy slippers
          77 piece air tool kit (to Us from her)
          69 Charger model and a new wallet (from Christina)
          Shop towels

From Family and Friends

Kilby OBA stuff (YAY!)
          Drill Press (YAY!)
          Welding leathers, so I dont light my self on fire when I'm welding!
          new pair of jeans
          100% wool sweater from Grandma that I wont wear
          mini cordless drill for srond the house
          misc gift cards and cash
          200 MPH club apron with my name embroidered on it (from a buddy of mine)

All in all a pretty good Christmas!
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Oh yea, Max Payne II on XBOX

Comment

Let's see, I or Tom didn't receive anything for Marvin, but I did get 2 DVDs Grease and McHale's Navy, make that three if you count Back to the Future, a Black onyx necklace fromt the hubby, a pair of Christmas sock slippers from Sean, Grease was from Megan. My mom got me a cedar gazebo bird feeder. My aunt in North Carolina sent me a collection of body lotion from Victoria's Secret, and I think that was it. PRegner and daughter gave the family a $25 gift card to Best Buy. Of course, after Christmas is when I figure out what I really wanted.
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                a Black onyx necklace fromt the hubby

I was just informed by my hubby that it was NOT a black onyx, instead it's a Blue Sapphire. EVEN BETTER since blue is my favorite color!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                  Of course, after Christmas is when I figure out what I really wanted.
                  Mabey you were on Santa's "other" list

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                    Mabey you were on Santa's "other" list
                    What "other" list does Santa have? Maybe I was on the "naughty" list?! I thought I was "good" all year <<<sniff sniff>>>

Comment

Working...
                    X