Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure is quite

Seems like theres some repar going on in here.....

guess someone will need to break this up shortly....

who it gonna be?
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

ok through and out the tunn..eh el..Alica's play ground..lets chase the rabbit...

what is everyone else doing?
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

YJ upgrades; and waiting to wheel vicariously through your posts!
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Vern, are you still shooting with the 20/30D and those fancy lenses?
        if you are, i have to ask, what is happening with the picture quality?
        [no offense intended]
        most of the pictures you have posted lately are not of the quality i usually see of you and your camera.
        did something change?

on a side note, i was in Mex again this weekend.
        i guess things are really getting stressed down there.
        in the Gringo paper they were talking about a lot of scary stuff in Rosarito, and Puerto de Nuevo.
        do you have any insight?

Rosarito Police Station Attacked
        Heavily armed Commandos
        BY ALBERTO CAPONE

A commando squad armed with assault rifles attacked the Rosarito Police Station last week, in an attempt to assassinate the newly installed Police Chief. The assailants suddenly arrived in four trucks, ran into the station, and opened fire. The commandos penetrated into the inside office of the police chief, but fortunately he was not there. The police managed to fend off the attack, but two police officers died and two civilians were wounded in the incident.

Inside the police station, the walls and interior were full of bullet holes. The attack evidently was aimed at the police chief, because his interior office was completely destroyed. After the shoot out, the commandos boarded the four vehicles and escaped, abandoning the autos nearby. Inside the autos, investigators found two empty .223 cartridges and other assault items. Also recovered were 30 .223 cartridges, 100 of caliber 7.2 and 23 9mm cartridges.

Funeral services with full honors were performed at City Hall for the two fallen police officers, Guillermo Castro Corona, and Leonel Pizana Trip, who were both bodyguards for the police chief. City officials claimed that the attacks occurred in retaliation for recent crime crackdowns by the new Administration, although the new officials only took office on December 1. Numerous tourist groups have cancelled plans to visit Baja because of the incident.

The latest attack is not the first time that Rosarito police have been targeted by organized crime. A few years ago, Rosarito Police Chief Carlos Bowser was assassinated as he exited his home in the morning by a squadron of assailants. Later, two Rosarito police officers were beheaded when they attempted to investigate a party being held by arrested drug kingpin Javier Arrello Felix in the hills behind Rosarito. Many commentators believe that the latest attack is an attempt by organized crime to show the new City Administration who is in charge of Rosarito.

Because of this assault and also because of carjacking reports in the US press, Rosarito police have set up a number of checkpoints and security operations in Rosarito and along the toll road during the holidays. Expect increased vigilance and police activity into the new year.
        http://www.gringogazettenorth.com/
        Last edited by NAILER341; 01-13-08, 11:27 AM.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Picture compression sort of sucks eh? Actually that picture does suck. I usually shoot raw format that one was jpg.

Found this lizard today in a place where you shouldnt find anything...

[SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/IMG_7768.jpg[/SIZED]

If visiting Mexico dont dress as a police? IF your at a taco stand and everyone starts to leave quickly you best too.

Dont know Erik I'm comfortable weaving around down there. Its actually about the same as it was 20yrs ago. Now its just more visable because of the faster communication..
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

what do you use for your photo resizing, Vern?
            you might try this:
            http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/
            it is free, and works really well. it will resize, and keep the photo looking the way it was intended.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Well BS Fab has been just busy working on all the rigs we have some serious projects ahead of us.

Allen(swbooking) I'm waiting on my JCR OTK steering to come and install that, I have the over the axle trac-bar bracket to have Jimmy weld on, and have to relocate the swaybar end links, have to have my new 35's mounted, then its alloys, 4.56s, and lockers (have decided between ARBs or Eatons)

Jimmy(JimmyRig) Is letting Mike (JeepinMike) take over the payments on the LJ and he just picked up a 86 CJ-7 and its going 1-tons, custom 4 link rear, 3 link front, comp cut, wheel base stretch full coils, hydro, Complete Re-wire by Charles (DEADMEAT) full cage, tube fenders, bumpers, sliders, yada yada...

Rudy (Villa) just put on a half-cab on his YJ, Its going comp cut, 8.8 rear end, spring over, wheel base stretch, gas tank is moving up, full cage etc...

Johnson(MaczPayne) We have to finish the wiring on the MJ, swap in the AX-15, its going full exo, custom bed, bumpers, sliders, TnT Y-Link, etc..

Mike (JeepinMike) Hes gonna be takin over the LJ and god knows what...

Charles(DEATMEAT) Hes the newest member of BS Fab. We just finished welding his front diff, and soon we'll be building rock sliders, bumpers, maybe tube fenders etc...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                Well BS Fab has been just busy working on all the rigs we have some serious projects ahead of us.

Allen(swbooking) I'm waiting on my JCR OTK steering to come and install that, I have the over the axle trac-bar bracket to have Jimmy weld on, and have to relocate the swaybar end links, have to have my new 35's mounted, then its alloys, 4.56s, and lockers (have decided between ARBs or Eatons)

Jimmy(JimmyRig) Is letting Mike (JeepinMike) take over the payments on the LJ and he just picked up a 86 CJ-7 and its going 1-tons, custom 4 link rear, 3 link front, comp cut, wheel base stretch full coils, hydro, Complete Re-wire by Charles (DEADMEAT) full cage, tube fenders, bumpers, sliders, yada yada...

Rudy (Villa) just put on a half-cab on his YJ, Its going comp cut, 8.8 rear end, spring over, wheel base stretch, gas tank is moving up, full cage etc...

Johnson(MaczPayne) We have to finish the wiring on the MJ, swap in the AX-15, its going full exo, custom bed, bumpers, sliders, TnT Y-Link, etc..

Mike (JeepinMike) Hes gonna be takin over the LJ and god knows what...

Charles(DEATMEAT) Hes the newest member of BS Fab. We just finished welding his front diff, and soon we'll be building rock sliders, bumpers, maybe tube fenders etc...
                Wow.... I'm ordering my cage this week... Dukes69, clear your calendar!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Where are you ordering your cage from Mat?
                  |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Looks like I'm pretty fault free at the moment. have a little power steering leakage from the Howe reservior lid, might pop tires...good to go
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

ive been down for months, this is like my hibernation time from the jeep, ive got other hobbies also, did lots of stuff to it last summer so this year should be fun, and safer with a cage...

Comment

Where are you ordering your cage from Mat?
                        Ordered....

Poly Performance... with frame tie-in kit.

Comment

damn... BALLER! thats alot of green right there...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

damn... BALLER! thats alot of green right there...
                            I've been saving for quite a while. Plus, I took on a little bit of side work to finance my addiction, but thanks for noticing!

Comment

side work huh? snort snort, hook me up man im dry... LOL

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X