Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt - thanks for the suggestions. I registered at qrz.com. Also, listened in on the outdoor net on the Keller Pk repeater last night. Mostly listened, but did check in as a visitor. They said I was coming in fairly clear. Amazing for a basic HT (Wouxun), with the OEM 8" antenna, from 30 - 35 miles away (Corona to Keller Pk).

Looking forward to getting on the trail and using it. I will be getting a 2m mobile for the Jeep, but will wait until I've used the HT a little more (to see what features I really will use).

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
      Matt - thanks for the suggestions. I registered at qrz.com. Also, listened in on the outdoor net on the Keller Pk repeater last night. Mostly listened, but did check in as a visitor. They said I was coming in fairly clear. Amazing for a basic HT (Wouxun), with the OEM 8" antenna, from 30 - 35 miles away (Corona to Keller Pk).

Looking forward to getting on the trail and using it. I will be getting a 2m mobile for the Jeep, but will wait until I've used the HT a little more (to see what features I really will use).
      FYI, antenna plays a HUGE role in distance. I can get Keller Peak with full quieting and have had great signal reports using both a wouxun HT and a yaesu HT from my home about 100 miles away. I have a diamond X50 on the roof and a straight shot to the repeater.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        FYI, antenna plays a HUGE role in distance. I have a diamond X50 on the roof
        ...Very True...
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
        X