Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be great to stop by tomorrow. I am surfing with my brother in law in the morning but should be finished by 11 or so. I will pm you my number.

Yes, it was Albert.

Thanks!
    Jonah

Comment

So Jonah, did Ņip Twist help prove ur CB is good to go?

Comment

Well, he gave me some tips and another radio to test. But I haven't got around to actually testing it. I have been trying to get the magnetic mount to work and give me a decent SWR reading. It is ok on the hood, but I don't like having the antenna there, so I think I am going to get a regular hard mount antenna.

How is your jeep holding up, did you get everything sorted?

Comment

Workin on it. Got one leaf repaired; noticed other leaf has @ a 3/4 inch gap between axle and connector plate!! Trying to get that leaf off; the bolt connecting it to frame mount won't come out. Also, I had heard a sof thump when limping off trail--thought it was driveshaft rollin @ on floor. Uh no, I realized this week that the lower mounting bolt for front pass side shock is gone - the thumping was my shock swinging in the breeze! That's why me new saying above my avatar is "one bolt at a time" -- figure that's how I will do my re-build!!

Comment

Wow, that gap explains why you were getting the axle wrap. I kept thinking, how is that axle wrapping with spring under, 4 cylinder motor and 31 inch tires? It should never happen, now we know! Glad to hear you are getting everything tightened up.

Hope to see you out on the trail again soon.

Comment

Thanks, hope to be out soon. Neil (NeilByrd) is gonna help me Sunday - installing that Aussie Locker and tidying up a few other things. I'm excited to see how she handles after installing the re-furbed leafs. Amazed I made it thru Cleg and JV with that axle like it was. And, its a D35!!

Comment

Working...
              X