Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Cameras

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
    ...I really enjoy these videos. What are you using to shoot them, and how much time does it take to rip em down, edit, and upload? I've been a camera guy for a while and stayed away from moving pictures thus far, but these are really fun and tell the story well.
    Nathan, I use a Panasonic Lumix SLR. I bought it a couple years ago for $600, but now I see that they sell for about $250. I upgraded the memory so it now has 2GB. It has zoom, autofocus and image stabilization, but only rudimentary movie taking capability; once you start capturing a movie, you can't zoom or change the exposure settings. The camera comes with a USB cable, and when I plug it into my Mac, my computer automagically launches iPhoto and prompts me to import the photos and the movies. The import only takes a few minutes. I don't have Photoshop, so I have limited capability to edit/crop my photos using iPhoto. My Mac came with Quicktime viewer, and I upgraded to Quicktime Pro ($29), so I can cut and paste the movies. Then I upload the pictures and the movies to my Photobucket account. I use DSL to connect to the internet, so my upload speed is relatively slow; two minutes of video takes about an hour to upload. That's why it sometimes takes me a few days to get the videos up (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!). iPhoto, Quicktime Pro and Photobucket have capability to add music and special effects, but I've only tried it once. Here's a slideshow that I put together with iPhoto:

I had to send it back for factory service last year because the dust from the trails caused the autofocus to jam up. It was out of warranty, so I paid $160. I've noticed that it has begun to do it again. Since the price of a new camera is so low, I might buy a new one instead of sending this one back for service again. I've noticed that Sony advertises that their cameras are "dust resistant". The problem with switching to a Sony is that the Panasonic memory chips and batteries aren't interchangeable with Sony.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
    I've noticed that Sony advertises that their cameras are "dust resistant". The problem with switching to a Sony is that the Panasonic memory chips and batteries aren't interchangeable with Sony.
    I have a Sony DSC-W1 that sounds similar in features to Russ's Panasonic. I also hate the fact that Sony uses proprietary memory formats, but it's what I have so it's what I use!

It's got auto modes, manual modes, takes great pictures but the movie mode is the same way. Once you start taking video you cannot zoom. Plus, if you're trying video at night it will keep trying to refocus making really bad videos.

I've dropped it a few times, and had it in the dust and so far it's been problem free. I even dropped it (ok, basically threw it) from about 6 feet onto concrete at a concert (I was very drunk). It still works although it just hit the corner.

Here's a couple pictures:

Here's a couple sample picture taken with it (besides the 3 above):

Here's a sample video:

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hey Mat,

That's an impressive camera...it's able to take pictures of itself!
      -Bob
      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
        Hey Mat,

That's an impressive camera...it's able to take pictures of itself!
        I actually have 2 of the same exact camera. Not quite that impressive...
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
        X