• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah View Post
    aston
    [nana]what file format do you use?[/nana]

Britain,
    which software version are you running? I still have 5.
    MapSource is version 6.12.2

Cool Title for thread could be

Track Trader
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

aston
      [nana]what file format do you use?[/nana]
      Err...what's a file format?

My GPS is a Magellan and I have successfully shared waypoint files with people who use Garmin units. We did it via easyGPS.

I also downloaded files from the internet and uploaded them to my GPS using EasyGPS.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston View Post
        Err...what's a file format?

My GPS is a Magellan and I have successfully shared waypoint files with people who use Garmin units. We did it via easyGPS.

I also downloaded files from the internet and uploaded them to my GPS using EasyGPS.
        Ooo!! Which Magellan? I'm thinkin' of stepping to your side of the fence
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I've had good results converting files using gpsbabel. I use it to convert Magellan<->Garmin (both ways) and from those two to MacGPS, Delorme (via import) and OziExplorer.

I have a Magellan Meridian Gold which has been a great mapping GPS, but the B&W screen is hard to read.

My next receiver will be a Garmin C60x. Just waiting for the rebates to occur again.

I feel Magellan has the better maps than Garmin, but they are both GOOD ENOUGH.

Comment

Ooo!! Which Magellan? I'm thinkin' of stepping to your side of the fence
            I have the Meridian Platinum. It works great and I am very pleased with it, however I have not used anything else so my opinion is worthless ;-)

The only thing I don't like is the B&W screen. I think I got the last B&W they made :poop:

I also have the MapSend topo map of the US. I like being able to take a section of map, load it onto an SD card and stick the card in the GPS. I can load topo data for ut, az, co and nm all in one shot. I can't load Ca 'cos I don't have a USB cable made from hemp.
            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Perhaps the thread should be broken down by GPS type.

Have a sticky showing converter files.

I made map of JV and layed it out like a golf course. Though the mapping making software I have I cannot export it for other to use. But it gets a lot of laughs when I'm out.

Got rock traps, rock falls and stuff in it over layed on a topo.
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Welp, I see why Magellan is less expensive ... ALL of their customer support, technical support and sales people are in INDIA!!

Comment

:poop:

Ah tried to steer ya straight.....
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I have a garmin ique 3600
                    pro's...
                    it's very cool, over 4 years old, and plays mp3's, records, uses palm software, has a color moving map with voice directions, takes SD cards (I have a 2 gig in it right now with everything west of the mississippi in it) all the cool stuff.

cons..
                    it's fragile. my brother inlaw spilled beer on one and it fried, another just plain croaked, and nother had the antennae stop working. all were replaced free o charge.
                    the screen is small, the battery sucks. they still seem to cost over $400
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx Color Handheld GPS

Anybody have this one? I like the fact that it will take TOPO and has expandable memory. Not into the touch-screen ones. Also, when I call Garmin, they are in the USA.

http://thegpsstore.com/Garmin-GPSMAP...PS-P875C0.aspx

Matt2001TJ, have we helped you make a decision!?

Comment

I have this one..
                        http://thegpsstore.com/Garmin-eTrex-...S-P878C78.aspx
                        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Im thinking of the G nuvi 350 for my jeep,is it the one for my needs? Also can i do that geo cash stuff? I heard from a friend that you need long/latt meter thingy on it???

Comment

Im not sure you can input a waypoint on that. We have the Quest and LOVE it.

HTH

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I have the Garmin 60Csx. In my house ( 2 story) bottom floor I pick up Sats. And get location.
                              Good unit.

Mounted in the Jeep
                              [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/60Csx.jpg[/SIZED]

Picture of Topo
                              [SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/GPSa-01.jpg[/SIZED]

Google earth + Location ( Mexico Hwy 2) Topo Area on 60Csx

[SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/Hill.jpg[/SIZED]

ActualPicture of Area ( G Kropp)

[SIZED]http://britain.connectnet.com/Photography/LaMilla/photos/photo33.jpg[/SIZED]

Anybody have this one? I like the fact that it will take TOPO and has expandable memory. Not into the touch-screen ones. Also, when I call Garmin, they are in the USA.

97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                              WEB site

Comment

The Learning Experiance

This is all kinda educational and overwhelming both. I know nothing about these things but have learned quite a bit just from reading all this. I did not expect this much feed back on this topic but thats great as its giving me ideas of what to get and what to avoid for any price. I basicly want to get GPS to track where im going and where ive been in SBNF and Johnson Valley.
                                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X