Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone. Still researching. Then it will be video editting programs. I should have done this months ago when I had the extra time! Now that I'm working again, I feel your pain.

Mitch

Comment

Please make us look good...

Whatever you decide, get the one that makes our Jeeps perform better and doesn't make us guys look too fat.

Steve
      All slow and no show

Comment

Steve,

I've seen some that make the Jeeps look real good, but I've never been in a video that the "not make us look fat" part worked, not even a little bit! I think I'm going to grab the JVC with the 30gig hard drive. 7 Hours recording time at the highest quality setting will work for me. At $199.00, it saves me $250.00 over the big memory one. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now just smile.....

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Steve,

I've seen some that make the Jeeps look real good, but I've never been in a video that the "not make us look fat" part worked, not even a little bit! I think I'm going to grab the JVC with the 30gig hard drive. 7 Hours recording time at the highest quality setting will work for me. At $199.00, it saves me $250.00 over the big memory one. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now just smile.....

Mitch
          What model # is the one you are looking at?

Comment

Why not just get a Flip? Cheap, good image quality (relatively), and dead simple to upload in usable format.
            http://www.theflip.com/en-us/Products/mino.aspx
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I had a Flip. I loved thy camera. It was like the tricycle of cameras. I was so easy to use anyone could do it. The editing software is easy to use and it is on the camera so it is alwayse there when you plug it into any computer. I lost mine on Gold Mountain. It doesn't have any fancy features. It has a great mic an a record button and a play button and that's it. Video quality was great too. It's so light that it's hard to keep steady though.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I agree with the "avoid moving parts" replies. The dust and sand we get into can cause big problems with moving parts. Even digital still or video camera's with the retracting lens covers can get stuck open or closed because of the smallest grands of wind blown sand

Comment

Working...
                X