Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which lift kit???? Unlimited...does this count as a LWB ??

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
    Plus beer and double cheesburgers! And lots of extra tools not needed
    Oh yeah... I left extra tools out of the equation...

Add in $40 for beer/food for the helping hands on the install, and $300-$400 in tools if you don't have an air compressor, air ratchet, impact hammer, etc.

Thanks Jimmy, Allen, Johnson, and Rudy!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

HAHA no problem even though we put your rear trackbar on backwards LOL

anyways... Like i said there is a big debate on that one and youll never get a straight answer on which to get you just have to decide for yourself...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

off topic sorry Is this why it was easy to put in...I think I recall that and said it goes this way and Allen you said no it goes this way.....ahhh Matt thats what you get when you have a half mexican, little asian guy and a dude from Panama helping you....
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
          off topic sorry Is this why it was easy to put in...I think I recall that and said it goes this way and Allen you said no it goes this way.....ahhh Matt thats what you get when you have a half mexican, little asian guy and a dude from Panama helping you....
          Haha! Funny thing is I'm over it, Allen keeps bringing it up!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Haha! Funny thing is I'm over it, Allen keeps bringing it up!
            HAHA only cause i feel stupid about it and its pretty funny, Chris was probably like WTF? when he saw it lol...

and im not from Panama FU@&ER ahaha
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

:omg: Easy guys, settle down...

:oops:I didn't mean to bring up the past...:gun:

:devil:Now, have some beer and pizza and breath it out (or in)

:beer: :beer: :cocktail: :pizza::pizza:

ahhh...that sounds good right now....
              David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
              I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

new here however I have an '04 LJ and removed a 3"/4" short arm lift. The SA lift did articulate well in the rocks but on the street was a little quirky. No drive shaft was needed or dropping the skid, the LJ shaft is long enough.

I had a TJ with a 5.5RE long arm kit, worked great however for the LJ I was afraid of ground clearance, the RE long arm rear arms hang down real low, you can see them a mile away. My friend has one on his LJ and so far the only place he has problems is on shelves like a Moab, the arm hit and stop him when his rear tires come off the ground. I went with the Nth, long arm, no problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by PARTHUNTER View Post
                  new here however I have an '04 LJ and removed a 3"/4" short arm lift. The SA lift did articulate well in the rocks but on the street was a little quirky. No drive shaft was needed or dropping the skid, the LJ shaft is long enough.

I had a TJ with a 5.5RE long arm kit, worked great however for the LJ I was afraid of ground clearance, the RE long arm rear arms hang down real low, you can see them a mile away. My friend has one on his LJ and so far the only place he has problems is on shelves like a Moab, the arm hit and stop him when his rear tires come off the ground. I went with the Nth, long arm, no problems so far.
                  Hey, thanks for the input...
                  Now I really want the Nth LA...Just too much....
                  What were the modifications done for the lifts?

Comment

My jeep had a Skyjacker short arm lift on it when I bought it, so I knew I would be changing it soon, appeared it was a simple bolt on, and on the trail, other than the belly hanging up on rocks due to the stock belly skid, it worked fine however on the street the steering was quick, and made the jeep feel squirly, I think due to incorrect camber/caster whchever the leading/trailing is from no adjustment, like an old Jeep, not an LJ.

The Nth kit can be bolted on, mine we welded the arm brackets to the frame. Also there is a lot of cutting to remove the short arm brackets, as well as rear end brackets and correcting the geometry on the lower rear arms, consists of trimming and drilling new holes in the existing lower brackets. The cost all in all I figured about $1500. more than going with an RE kit, which was my 2nd choice having had one before. In conclusion was 3 inches worth it, for me, so far yes. I read people think the short arm is better in rocks and long arm better for all out desert blasts, I have the best of both in my opinion. All the kits out there appear to be good, safe quality parts and depending on the wheelin' you do, will all get you there. You have a nice rig now, don't let $$ cloud your vision, get what you want, do it once, if you can. You will notice it's an ever evolving project!

Mine is the Nth 6" lift, which I think still has a ride height lower than an RE 5.5", FYI.

Comment

Take a serios look at FULL TRACTIONS 6" LA kit, it is awesome and performs extremely well,,,,,,,,,,
                      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I got a good look at that Nth lift on two LJ's so far and I gotta say I am impressed! the clearance of the design and the stout pieces, the skids and the brackets all look bombproof and the install is super clean. I know the Nth is pricey... $$ cha-ching! but it is the best kit I have seen in a long time.

Now having said that...

nothing beats sliding your leaf springs up on some rocks baby!!! just because I git an RTI score of like, 750 doesnt mean my leaf sprung jeep can't make it happen on the trail!
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Funny...last week I was ready to just get the RE 4.5 SF SA....
                          That's the thing...
                          I think I was just settling on it.
                          I know RE is good stuff, but looking at the Nth, it looks like the best of both worlds, if that's even possible.

So, Kodiak, you've seen these in person? Looks good, doesn't it? Did you take a ride in them?

I think I am going to save for a little bit more and get Nth. All the protection AND hidden LA !! Fantastic design...

Now, who knows who to get the best deal...

Comment

only rode in one of them, I gotta say it was strange to me. I am so used to the leaf springs that all of you coil sprung rigs feel funny floaty like to me and it makes me sick, but it felt very controlled and solid, and everyone that has a Nth that I have run across has good stuff to say. The Nth do end up with badass coil overs with resivors and that just looks sweet but I'm sure that is optional stuff...
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                              Take a serios look at FULL TRACTIONS 6" LA kit, it is awesome and performs extremely well,,,,,,,,,,
                              :confused2 Been asking a lot of people, and the vote seems to be leaning in the favor of Full Traction.
                              This is why I ask so many questions, and research for so long. I keep changing my mind.:bonk:

I take it you are running Fulltraction?
                              Do you have the 4 or 6?
                              If you did the 4, and it's on the 06 Rubi Unlimited...
                              ...what other mods did you have to do (or get done) besides the exhaust?

Comment

I sure didn't "lean" that way! By the time you add all the skids and exhaust, it's almost a wash. And @ $100. a pop to replace the fromt heims, I passed. Next time you go wheelin' look under the Jeeps and see where the Jeepers are leaning!

My vote is for the RE or Nth however the RE rear arms hang real low (Full Traction too). The more you ask, the more you will get confused. Find a shop you are comfortable to deal with in your area and use them. I think JC Fab is out your way and He's Full Traction's best installer.

Comment

Working...
                                X