Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, slap a sticker on that shiny hydraulic thingy before it becomes all mud encrusted! mud can really keep a good sticker from sticking. not a big fan of mud myself, but I love stickers! gonna go out and get some stickers today after work, and then go play in the mud !

mud mud mud mud mud
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yeah, somebody here must not like MUD... . Mine had oil all over it when I had symptons of DW (mine was 99% of the time just a shimmy, and DW only once or twice). The OME looks sweet though, so I'm glad I replaced it!

Glad you're going strong hitting every pothole in your area!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I had the same problem and the dealer said the same thing. They said I was using the Jeep for stuff it wasn't made to do. Hello??? It only has the "Trail Rated" emblem right on it. I took it down and had the RE 4.5" LA lift, 1" body, new exhaust, slip-yoke elim, and kilby gas tank skid put on it. It's been great for the past 9 months, now all of a sudden I am feeling the death wobbles again. I am glad you found out what you did...gonna have Kodiak Spirit take a look and see if maybe it's the same deal!

Comment

mud... testing testing .... mud mud mud mud
          Wow. i like that. Sorry:oops::hijack::bonk:
          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Actually, there could still be an underlying problem and the new dampener is just masking the syptoms. If the dealer really says RE arms are the cure then they should install them AND warranty the repairs. Double check the tightness on your track bar and make sure tie rod ends are all in good shape. If something is worn or loose the dampenr will wear quicker and the problem will return.
            I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

A new damper only hides the problem or masks DW, it is not fixed. IMHO

Comment

I agree with the last two posts.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

More wobble issues...

....Scott, glad to hear you got yours working good. I have a RE Superflex 4.5 which I had installed by 4 Wheel Parts in Laguna Hills when my 06 Rubicon was about 4 months old. On the first trip I took I noticed an wondering in the steering, you really had to pay attention. I know, short wheelbase and all I expected some level of "squirlness" to it but sheesh, I had a 74 Blazer with 35's and a 6 inch lift that handled better.
                  I took it back to 4Wheel Parts, well I called them and my wife took it down, for it's 1000 mile check up and mentioned the wiggle. She told me they said it had a pull, made an adjustment and said "all is well" and sent her home. Well, week or so later when I got to drive it there was no improvement to the wiggle and now the steering wheel was off center to the right, some adjustment. (I did take it back to 4Wheel Parts but that story I will save for those who wanna hear it).
                  So, it appears as though I have to solve this mystery myself which leads me to my question, does anybody know of a manufacturer that makes a Hiem Joint or Urathane bushing for the lower end of the Track Bar? The RE unit has a Heim Joint at the upper position but near as I can tell the OEM rubber bushing is the only thing I can see have any slop to it......

Whew, thanks in advance for any help, thanks for listening........
                  John & Kristi

Comment

I doubt that bushing is the problem. could be, but I doubt it.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

....and....?????.....

......would you care to elaborate?

Jeff at 4 Wheel Parts found a company making urathane bushings for the Track Bar and ordered me some, $25. As soon as I have a chance to install and test drive I'll post my results here. If no positive results I will look at Caster/Camber issue.

By the way, I installed the Banks Power Monster Exhaust muffler last Sat, very nice tone, half the weight, and SS.....well see if the power and gas mileage improves soon....
                      John & Kristi

Comment

most common cause of wander is not enough toe in.

not enough caster.

loose or worn tie rod end.

any worn out rubber control arm bushing(front or rear)(this can happen very fast if they torqued the control arm bolts while the suspension wasn't at ride height).

hows that.
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

oh, and one more...

loose pitman arm nut.
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

ok, cool.....

....some pretty good info.

The Toe-in and Caster I will have to have a shop adjust for me for obvious reasons.

I carefully inspected all steering linkages and the only thing I could find with any wear or looseness was the lower Trac-arm bushing. My thinking right now to make sure everything is tight and then go from there.
                            I will re-torque the pitman arm nut to double check...

thanx for the info.......
                            John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post

The Toe-in and Caster I will have to have a shop adjust for me for obvious reasons.
                              all you need to do it yourself is a tape measure and a digital level.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Hmmm...IC..

...tape measure I have, digital level huh?????? No gots..:dunno:
                                John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                                X