Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i went with Rustys set up, so we will see how it goes. I have seen some bad wright ups about his slow shipping and comunications skills.I'll do an update with pics, also changing my YJ front axles to TJ stuff at the sametime....
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Curious Question:
      Is the "Y design" considered to be stronger than the original seperate tie rod & drag link design style?

Obviously, stronger material is used in the Rusty design, but it seems to me that both the tie rod & drad link are now susceptable to damage.
      Money pit!

Comment

Rusty's is an inverted T, not an inverted Y like the XJ/TJ
        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/steer/yj_rustys/

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
            Curious Question:
            Is the "Y design" considered to be stronger than the original seperate tie rod & drag link design style?

Obviously, stronger material is used in the Rusty design, but it seems to me that both the tie rod & drad link are now susceptable to damage.
            So, not to beat the "dead horse" but is this design considered to be stonger than attaching your drag link to the knuckle?
            Money pit!

Comment

The tie rods showed up from Rustys, np with shipping.
              Looks heavy duty, much better than stock. Only problem is I have a chance at some Dana 44's front and rear, so Some Rustys suff may be up for sale in the near future

Comment

I was happy with the Rusty's Drag Link while at High Desert. I hit it a few times and just a few scratches is all I can see. But it looks like my Tie Rod took a little hit. I just briefly looked at it but it does look like I smacked it on something. So I may take that off your hands when you're ready. I would like to check it out on your Jeep when you install it. I can always keep the new drag link as a spare as well.

Comment

steering setup

hope this works...
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X