Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re:Tie rod and drag link for YJ

Does anyone have and opinion?? (Ha this is going to be fun) I want to upgrade my 185K front original tie rod ends, drag link,and track bar,all one piece on the p/s to something bigger and better.Any help??
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

I just recently replaced, read upgraded, my drag link that had a slight bend to it thanks to a big rock. I went with the drag link from Rusty's Offroad. http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste
    I'll find out if I'm happy with it this weekend at High Desert Round Up.
    I was just looking at their site and saw that they have a complete steering set up I should have purchased instead.

(edit) The link I sent you is for a 91 to 95 but they do have one for older YJ's.

Comment

im not sure if i like the way the stabilizer shock is mounted, do the bolts hit the diff cover?

Comment

I tried the Tera-Flex aluminum units-these are listed as available for YJ application, but the tie-rod is too big to be used in a spring-under application. Also, the drag link occasionally hit my front pan-hard/trac-bar at full lock.
        The M.O.R.E. products seem to work nicely! I bought the zinc coated tie-rod and 5/8" rod ends. I sourced grade 8 bolts from the local Ace and I have been happy ever since.
        You can buy both units at the same time or call M.O.R.E.-they'll set you up w/the individual pieces.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/more.htm

9924 Tie Rod/Drag Link Assembly 87-95 YJ ****9924 $308.00 QTY:

9924Z Zinc Plated Rods Tie Rod/Drag Link Assembly 87-95 YJ ****9924 $328.00 QTY:

9925 Hardware Kit 87-95 YJ *****9925 $51.00
        Money pit!

Comment

[QUOTE=Jason;79129]
          I'll find out if I'm happy with it this weekend at High Desert Round Up.

Are you guys camping out there? Is there a trail that you plan on running? Trying to "hook-up" w/a few folks from this board.
          Money pit!

Comment

[QUOTE=pdw;79148
            Are you guys camping out there? Is there a trail that you plan on running? Trying to "hook-up" w/a few folks from this board.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. See over herehttp://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=8514&page=2

Comment

I am running the Terra Flex aluminum steering setup on my '91 YJ and it does hit the leaf springs a bit at flex, but it hasn't caused any damage, and will not break. you can put a jack under that drag link and lift the front of the jeep. I have the Currie soft ride 4" lift with a 1" body lift and 35" MTR's and with that setup I have NO trackbars and NO swaybars and NO steering stabalizer. You just don't need that stuff with the leaf springs. I drive all over, on the freeway, drive to work everyday, no problems. The jeep is stable and easy to drive. I am not gonna say it doesn't lean a bit in the curves or handle like a Jeep, but I put my family in the thing no problem.
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

steering setup

test failed
                Last edited by Kodiak Spirit; 05-21-07, 10:32 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  test failed
                  Details?

Comment

oh, I was just gonna post some pics of my rig to show the steering setup, but I failed horribly. I did somehow end up with pics in my gallery, but I'm not sure how they got there... but they are the right pics of the steering setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                      oh, I was just gonna post some pics of my rig to show the steering setup, but I failed horribly. I did somehow end up with pics in my gallery, but I'm not sure how they got there... but they are the right pics of the steering setup.
                      Hey! Stop following my posting habits and show us the pics!
                      Money pit!

Comment

this is the oximoron that is the Jeepers website. if we were 'puter geeks we would know... but I gotta give props to Sarah that I can navigate this place as well as I do.

but don't follow me 'cause I'm lost...

Comment

Well it looks like this may end up on the front of the Jeep. Has anyone used their stuff????
                          http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste

Comment

I ran that set up for a couple of years with the TRE flip from Goferitoffroad.com while I was SUA and loved it. A huge upgrade over the stock stuff, and since it runs CJ7 TRE's all the way around it's completely rebuildable.
                            I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping View Post
                              I ran that set up for a couple of years with the TRE flip from Goferitoffroad.com while I was SUA and loved it. A huge upgrade over the stock stuff, and since it runs CJ7 TRE's all the way around it's completely rebuildable.
                              The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was that the TRE's looked different from the OEM ones I have on. Rusty's told me that they use the CJ ones because they are readily available and are beefier. They looked smaller but the material used is allegedly stronger. :dunno:

So I ordered a spare set of TRE's. Just in case.

Comment

Working...
                              X