Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nth Degree Long Arm?????

What do you guys think? I'm about to make the move and have an Nth Degree Longarm installed? Have you heard good things about it? any users? Please tell me before i pay 3k for it.

www.nthdegreemobility.com

everything i have seen read and heard says awsome!
    But it is pricey! it will ride better then any other lift on the Market....off roads pretty good, But i dont have one so all i have for you is my opinion
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I have never rode or wheeled in one but I have seen one installed and have seen their rolling chassis at Desert Safari this year. It is very impressive.I really like the ball and socket joints and the belly pan. This is the lift my dad is saving for to put on his Unlimited.
      :wink:

Comment

I know its pricey ; but i have to stick to Nth now. I bought a Tummy tucker a while ago (and i love it) but its not compatible to any other lift without major mods.

I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully the $ is worth it.

Comment

Save your money and go with a Rubicon Express or Full-traction. The Nth degree is way over priced for what you get and those stupid ball and sockets wear out in no time. I've installed and driven all the long arm kits least once. I think the RE and FT kits should be your only choices. Dont get me wrong each one of theses kits also have there down sides but they are minor.

Comment

It depends how you wheel. If you absoulutely beat on your vehicle go RE or FT. If you wheel mildly you can use an Nth. I have seen a few nth kits with failures at low hours. Basically if you are a hammers guy look elsewhere.
            I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
            Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by CJBrian View Post
              Save your money and go with a Rubicon Express or Full-traction. The Nth degree is way over priced for what you get and those stupid ball and sockets wear out in no time. I've installed and driven all the long arm kits least once. I think the RE and FT kits should be your only choices. Dont get me wrong each one of theses kits also have there down sides but they are minor.
              so what did you go with on your new LJ ? havent even seen your new ride yet either. I am looking to upgrade to a FT long arm........but still looking for a good place to do the install.

Comment

Have you talked to Dave's Motorsports down in Morongo? They are on my list of potentials if I go with someone doing it for me. They quoted me $4700 and two days for the 4" Full Traction LA.

Their contact information is on the FT website under Dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjk View Post
                  Have you talked to Dave's Motorsports down in Morongo? They are on my list of potentials if I go with someone doing it for me. They quoted me $4700 and two days for the 4" Full Traction LA.

Their contact information is on the FT website under Dealers.
                  cool, thanks for the info. but 2k for install ? or does that include some other stuff ? I was qouted 1100 at 4west, but that was for a RE long arm kit

Comment

I went with a 6" Full Traction Long arm and installed it myself. Its a daily driver and I have 16,000 miles on it with no problems.

Originally posted by FRMNJJ View Post
                    so what did you go with on your new LJ ? havent even seen your new ride yet either. I am looking to upgrade to a FT long arm........but still looking for a good place to do the install.

Comment

Thumbs up on Nth Degree

I run the 6 inch long arm on my TJ and it is the BOMB! The main advantage over RE, Tera and Full Traction is the clearance. I am a dealer and can install it for you.

Comment

Just some food for thought...

If you intend on doing moderate to extreme rock crawling, you should rethink longarms all together.

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                          Just some food for thought...

If you intend on doing moderate to extreme rock crawling, you should rethink longarms all together.

Tam
                          hey, that's my line... :yay:
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Scout99 View Post
                            I run the 6 inch long arm on my TJ and it is the BOMB! The main advantage over RE, Tera and Full Traction is the clearance. I am a dealer and can install it for you.
                            What are ya clearing? Rocks? Cacti ? Bunny Rabbits?
                            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                            WEB site

Comment

A friend of mine has the the long arm kit.

Many folks will debate the long Vs short arm - I have no skin in that game 'cos real Jeeps have leaf springs

Anyway, the clearance provided by the Nth kit is truly excellent. They have got those links up and out of the way, which is so important for hard core trails.

Someone round here says, "long after the purchase price is forgotten the good stuff still makes you happy"...or some such BS!!!
                              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X