Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which TJ lift?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which TJ lift?

    I'm looking for a 3 to 3.5" lift kit for my 99TJ. We're on a little bit of a budget, but want to do it right. Long arms are out, unless I win the lotto -- anyone know of any kicka55 deals or sales, or a great place to buy a lift?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

  • #2
    hey im not sure i can help but i like the new icon! with the big cactus!
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

    Comment


    • #3
      thanks junkie!! had to drive all the way to the saguro national forest to get that one! :yay:
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

      Comment


      • #4
        You can never go wrong with RE. I would shy away from Rancho. You've seen the problems Tam is having with control arms.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

        Comment


        • #5
          another vote for RE. granted, i do have a different application than you but the front-end stuff is pretty similar. RE costs a little more to buy, but it's more than worth it for the performance you get and how little maintenance it requires.

          www.dpgoffroad.com is where i got my lift, as Dirk (owner) had the best price I could find. (no sales tax, too )

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll be in the market soon for a lift as well. How does RE measure up to skyjacker, rockkrawler and full-traction? Of those 3 skyjacker seems the most complete, while full-traction is the most affordable. I'm looking for approximately 4" and 1000+ RTI. Any input ?
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

            '98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

            Comment


            • #7
              yes RE and yes DPG. Dirk will give you good prices.:yay:

              I have Tera disconnects if you want them.
              myJeeprocks.com

              "in the end... the rocks always win."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by king4wd
                I'll be in the market soon for a lift as well. How does RE measure up to skyjacker, rockkrawler and full-traction? Of those 3 skyjacker seems the most complete, while full-traction is the most affordable. I'm looking for approximately 4" and 1000+ RTI. Any input ?
                In my opinion, RE is much better. If you are looking for 1000 RTI, you better go long arm.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

                Comment


                • #9
                  rockin guys!! thanks for all of the info, i can't wait!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jason LaLiberty at 4x4 Group Buy has some really good prices on RE stuff, and other junk as well. Give him a shout. I have that 4.5 Superflex kit, and it does pretty good. I got pretty turned off by Rancho when they gave Tam a load of shit at the show and didnt return her phone calls. :mad: Plus their bushings are junk, and her front springs are sagging also
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

                    Motech Performance

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey Brian, I have been meaning to ask you, how are your RE parts holding up? That is the 4.5" superflex, right? How much have the springs sagged? How often are you greasing your cartridge joints? How are the bushings holding up? How long have you had it, and how many miles do you have on the kit? Any trouble with their customer service? Any issues with the install of the kit? How much did the ride (not really the handling, but the ride itself) change? Is it possible for me to ask any more questions?

                      Thanks for the info--I have been wanting that kit for awhile.....
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

                      Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

                      KG6OWO

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by goodtimes
                        Hey Brian, I have been meaning to ask you, how are your RE parts holding up? That is the 4.5" superflex, right? How much have the springs sagged? How often are you greasing your cartridge joints? How are the bushings holding up? How long have you had it, and how many miles do you have on the kit? Any trouble with their customer service? Any issues with the install of the kit? How much did the ride (not really the handling, but the ride itself) change? Is it possible for me to ask any more questions?

                        Thanks for the info--I have been wanting that kit for awhile.....
                        I'm pretty happy with it. I kind of wish I had gotten arms with joints at both ends, these probably ride a little better. The front springs have lost about .25" due to slight bowing. They are the progressive coils, I think the standard straight wound would be better. I grease all the joints about every other month, no problems yet. The bushings are fine so far. The arms have been on for about a year (15k miles) the springs since february (maybe 10-12K). No install problems (I didn't do it ) and I haven't had to deal with their CS. I like the ride just fine, back springs are pretty stiff though, you might want to check out the currie springs. Yes you could ask more questions. :yay: your welcome.
                        Last edited by blkTJ; 10-30-03, 11:58 PM.
                        myJeeprocks.com

                        "in the end... the rocks always win."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by igofshn
                          In my opinion, RE is much better. If you are looking for 1000 RTI, you better go long arm.
                          All 3 I mentioned advertise 1000+rti, but long-arms are tempting. Except that most long-arm kits are 6" and that means 35" tires which means overloading my little 4-banger on the road Skyjacker makes a bolt-on (no welding) 4" long-arm kit, does RE? The other thing that keeps me from long-arm kits is that they're almost all outside my budget Yet another limitation is that I'll be doing the install myself- that means strictly bolt-on. No welding or part fabricating allowed I will look into R.E. though. A friend of ours got their YJ kit and likes it very much. Thanks for the advice
                          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

                          '98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                          and Kargomaster rack.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by blkTJ
                            I'm pretty happy with it. I kind of wish I had gotten arms with joints at both ends, these probably ride a little better. The front springs have lost about .25" due to slight bowing. They are the progressive coils, I think the standard straight wound would be better. I grease all the joints about every other month, no problems yet. The bushings are fine so far. The arms have been on for about a year (15k miles) the springs since february (maybe 10-12K). No install problems (I didn't do it ) and I haven't had to deal with their CS. I like the ride just fine, back springs are pretty stiff though, you might want to check out the currie springs. Yes you could ask more questions. :yay: your welcome.
                            i noticed I missed a question. sorry. The ride actually got a bit softer than the setup I was running before. I had H&R 1" springs with 1.25" spacers and bilstien shocks. The OME shocks are much softer but have given me problems with leaking. I also don't like the hard poly bushings. no more omes for me.
                            myJeeprocks.com

                            "in the end... the rocks always win."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So you are saying you don't like the OME? That is one of the other mfrs that I am considering. I don't hear many people complaining about them. The shocks all that caused you problems?

                              I only need a couple inches since I am not putting the 35's on the heep, only 33's. (I am going to skip 35's all together and go with either 38.5's or 40's on the toyota trail-rig-pile-o-crap that I hope to be putting together next year).
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

                              Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

                              KG6OWO

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X