Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    hey, dont trade that YJ in boss, lemme know how much you want for it... as far as losing all that weight with fiberglass mono's, I dunno, I like to stay shiny side up. I'm re-thinking this whole thing now..
    ???? Don't understand-are you saying that your Jeep would become more top heavy than it already is with the removal of your steel leaf springs?
    To my understanding, the leaf springs are part of what is considered "sprung weight"-(anything that the suspension supports) as opposed to axles, brakes and wheels being "unsprung weight."
    So, my line of thinking would be that reducing the amount of "sprung weight" would be what we would want to shoot for????
    Last edited by pdw; 04-25-07, 11:26 AM.
    Money pit!

Comment

center of gravity has nothing to do with sprung or unsprung weight... weight up high=bad weight down low=good. the springs are about as low as you get and that is a nice place to have some weight, as opposed to a spare 35"MTR on a roof rack.... can you say XJ?
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
        center of gravity has nothing to do with sprung or unsprung weight... weight up high=bad weight down low=good. the springs are about as low as you get and that is a nice place to have some weight, as opposed to a spare 35"MTR on a roof rack.... can you say XJ?
        I agree that what you say is true! I think that people forget that mounting a 100lbs. or so of tire on the roof of a rock-crawler or pre-runner is not the best choice.
        Right now I am looking at my Jeep and trying to figure out what I can unbolt or simply cut off in order to lose some weight.
        Money pit!

Comment

hardtop, doors, windshield, carpet, backseat, passenger seat, all can be taken out easy to save so weight.... but then you put in a cooler, sleeping bag, camp chair, firewood, extra gas cans, spare parts, tools.... I dunno, I don't worry too much about weight... I just like to hear about new stuff for the Jeep.
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
          X