Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one should i chose

im looking for a solid 3" suspension lift, but i cant seem to find any confident reviews on which company to go with any ideas? Please give me some other reason then its the best! thanks...

Full Taction, Nth Degree, or Rubicon Express, the only three companies you need to deal with. I run a rubicon Express 4.5" Super FLex Kit and i love it. One day ill have a Fultraction 6 inch LA kit but for now the RE kit is great. Hope that helps you out.
    -Allen
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Personally, I have a 4.5" Rubicon Express Superflex kit that was ordered with the 3.5" springs (the 4.5" kit includes adjustable upper control arms that the 3.5" kit does not).

Net lift at the time of install was 3.75", it settled to right at 3.5". On road ride is rougher than stock, but not severly so. Handling is also compromised a bit...but you are lifting a short wheelbase vehicle...so there is no getting around that. The only components I have had trouble with are the sway bar disconnects (1st generation stuff). The design of the gen 1 disco's sucks, plain and simple. Overall, I am happy with the lift.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I have a full Traction 6" long arm and i love it. It drives better than stock. I had to upgrade the disconects to JKS type, the Full Traction ones suck ! I had my done at JC Fab In Sylmar it was worth the money. Have heard lots of horror stories of bad installations on long arm types.
        Good luck on what ever you get
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

I have a 3.5" Rubicon Express. It's a great kit.

Good luck with your decision.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Thanks..

Thanks for the info i was looking at a RE set up, ill let you know how it turns out...

Comment

I have had a RE superflex for just over 5 years now. it's holding up great to a terrific pounding.
              It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

X umpteenth I have the RE lift now as well, so far I have been very happy with it

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Another RE lifted here but as things get replaced it's w/Currie stuff. Just cost more.

B&T TJ

Comment

I love my Nth system I run in the rear, absolutely fabulous. It gives 3 1/2 inches
                    although I had to design a custom track bar.
                    My front system is Teraflex, average Joe lift, I will replace it some day I think.
                    Although I love the Flex arms articulation, they are way to maintenece heavy
                    I am looking at the Nth gyro joint system, but not sold yet
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

I have the rancho rockcrawling kit and have been very pleased with it. The on road handling is nice and it performs offroad as well.

Comment

I have the same question, but I want to know why people get the RE 4.5 short arm with the 3.5 springs? Why not keep the longer springs for additional lift? There is no cost difference from what I've seen.

Comment

I have the 4.5 short arm with the 4.5 springs. Seems like it works great for me
                          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba
                            I have the same question, but I want to know why people get the RE 4.5 short arm with the 3.5 springs? Why not keep the longer springs for additional lift? There is no cost difference from what I've seen.
                            RE 4.5" springs typically yield about 5-5.5 inches of lift. 3" springs will yield 4-4.5 inches. While big lifted Jeeps look cool parked at the mall, they dont always do best offroad. Alot of people run the shorter spring to keep the COG low. The idea is to fit the largest tire possible with the smallest amount of lift.
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                              RE 4.5" springs typically yield about 5-5.5 inches of lift. 3" springs will yield 4-4.5 inches.
                              My RE 3.5" springs gave me 3.5" of lift once they settled in (2 or 3 weeks after install). 30K miles later, they still give me 3.5" of lift.
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                              X