Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension?

I have a 2" spacer lift. What are the draw backs of having a spacer than a full 2" suspension lift. Is the spacer good enough for trail rides.

Its a JEEP its ready for trail rides in stock form. But even with 2" spacers and flexing on the trail with 32's you probably still rub. If it bugs you or does damage and your planning on spending the money on a lift, step up to a 3 or 4 lift. Some 3" kits you dont have to do a SYE kit. I havent heard anything bad about spacers. I might be putting some in the rear of my LJ since it squats a little.

Comment

I don't know a WHOLE lot about lifts...in fact I don't know anything at all, so I'll interject my unprofessional opinion (Caution: reading anymore is purely optional. I cannot be held accountable for any and all loss of braincells and/or competence gained from this post)

Well, a 2" spacer lift is what? A body lift? If it's done right I don't think it'll do anything to "hinder" any offroad performance. It's done all the time alongside suspension lifts, so who's to say a body lift will cause problems without a lift? All you're doing is raising the body. You're not changing the springs in any way, so you're not effecting springrate or the ride of the vehicle. Granted it'll become a tad bit more top heavy than it already was, but in my honest opinion it should be fine for the trail. People do it all the time.
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Most people do a 1-2" body lift anyways so your set up for your suspension kit now! And yeah your fine for trail rides, the other day we went out with a stocker (YJ or TJ cant remember) and he did almost everything i did with my 4.5" and 32s. Youll be fine on the trail and if you get stuck or in a pinch (like i do everytime im out there), there will be some one there to tow strap yourself out.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

first, a spacer lift is not necessarily a body lift. It may well be spacers on top of coil springs creating 2" of suspension lift.

second, please refrain from answering technical questions you know nothing about. It helps no one.

finally, there is virtually no differance between a 2" coil spacer and 2" lift spring except possibly spring rate.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            first, a spacer lift is not necessarily a body lift. It may well be spacers on top of coil springs creating 2" of suspension lift.

second, please refrain from answering technical questions you know nothing about. It helps no one.

finally, there is virtually no differance between a 2" coil spacer and 2" lift spring except possibly spring rate.
            x2. A 2 inch spacer is perfectly fine for trail rides. However, most "2 inch spacers" are only 1-3/4. Not that a 1/4 matters, but just letting you know. Its a nice easy way to get inches w/o breaking the bank. If you want a little more you could get a body lift too, but under 1.5 inches, over that is excessive. 2-1/4 inches of list isnt too bad for a couple hundred.

:yay:
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Thanks blkTJ & Dukes69. Thats the answers I was looking for. mabe I should have said ( 2" coil spacer lift )

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                First of all, you can blow me...

Second, were just trying to help, and i thought he was talking about a body lift. My bad, i read it wrong.

Finally, This is a fourm site people ask questions and other people try to answere them thats what we do here. Sorry if you got all up tight about us not answering it right, we try atleast, and i cant say that for about 70% of the registered people who dont.

rant off...
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                  Finally, This is a fourm site people ask questions and other people try to answere them thats what we do here. Sorry if you got all up tight about us not answering it right, we try atleast, and i cant say that for about 70% of the registered people who dont.

rant off...
                  unlike some forums we would like the answers here to have some sort of truth to them.

one correct responce is always better than the entire boards unfounded opinion.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Whatever dude, if your gonna cry about it go ahead, i said i read it wrong, sorry... and yeah i like this forum because of that, i get and give truthful answers (most of the time). People make mistakes. You dont have to post to people and talk to them like there 5 and they dont know anything. Not Cool...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

You guys gunna get married or what?
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

You know it!:wink:

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

You guys dont have to fight over this! I'm sorry I started this. Ha ha ha you mother f'er's are funny. I appreciate all income. Thanks to all

Comment

See!!! He said "Thanks to all" in other words....quit'cher bitchin'
                            WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                            [_____]
                            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                            []--o---[]

Comment

I have a question related to this. I have the 2" coil spacers as well, and I need to replace my shocks. Most of the offroad driving I do is in Baja which is dirt roads and washboard at about 50 miles per hour. So do any of you guys know of a shock that will hanlde this kind of abuse? Also, how do I figure out what length of travel I need?
                              2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

Working...
                              X