Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much lift do in need?

I want to put 35" tires on my stock jeep. Will 4" susp & 2" bod lift be enough?

yep,( more letters to get in minimum characture count)
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Do some more research before you put on the 2 inch body lift. What kind of jeep do you have? You need to check into your axles also.

If you have a 97 and up I would go with a 1 inch body lift and use spacers to get the other inch.

Comment

before trying to modify the design of a lift one should ask what is the end product for the lift
        such as, mall, rocks, etc
        after all, he asked if it would work
        I oppose use of bodylift except where needed, like to use the full bebefit of a belly up kit, and feel 2 inches is to much, however the question was would the designed lift work,
        Yep
        hey I see guys running 33s on stock jeeps, and never have a issue, but never take the thing offroad.

Comment

You can easily clear 35" tires with the RE 4.5 coils. I just put on 35" and there is plenty of space left. I will be doing a 1" BL + MML but that is just for when I do a flat tcase skid.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            You can easily clear 35" tires with the RE 4.5 coils. I just put on 35" and there is plenty of space left. I will be doing a 1" BL + MML but that is just for when I do a flat tcase skid.
            if you don't do something about your bumpstops your 35s will eat your front fenders. :2:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              if you don't do something about your bumpstops your 35s will eat your front fenders. :2:
              Very true and good point but you should always be setting your bump stops when you put on a lift.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                Very true and good point but you should always be setting your bump stops when you put on a lift.
                or when you change tire size. :yay:
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Seen a bit o carnage done because of improper bump stop settage meself

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    or when you change tire size. :yay:
                    I am putting in a 1.25 BL so that will offset the tire size increase so my bump stopage should be good Plus who really needs fenders?
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                    X