X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
    ...it's the other 9g's that I'm having trouble explaining away. :dunno:
    forget about it. the $ is gone.

if I ever actully added up what I've spent on my Jeep I would probably shoot myself.

then again, if I then took into consideration the money I've saved through the help I've recieved from friends, I may just smack myself upside the head abit. :yay: :cactus: :gun:
    Last edited by blkTJ; 10-14-05, 02:05 AM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

[QUOTE=blkTJ]forget about it. the $ is gone.

if I ever actully added up what I've spent on my Jeep I would probably shoot myself. [\QUOTE]

When I start to feel bad about how much money I have spent on my Jeep, I just think about how much money I wasted on partying over the years. At least with the Jeep, I get a daily reminder (besides a hang over) of where the money went
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        what the hell are you guys measuring????

my RE 4.5 net me almost 4.25" of lift.
        hey put a inch of body lift in and get back what you lose to winch and armor

oh I measure from the belly pan down
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Thank you all for the great advice. With all the cr@p out there, it's hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff. I had not considered the RE kits, but they sound really appealing. Thanks for pointing them out!

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
            hey put a inch of body lift in and get back what you lose to winch and armor

oh I measure from the belly pan down

you know, I think I gave most of my body lift pucks away... :yay:
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              you know, I think I gave most of my body lift pucks away... :yay:
              If I could talk Erik into doing that killer bodymount mod he did on his jeep to mine, I would give mine away and run the stock ones. One thing I have noticed, with a body lift your brackets still get hammered, I like the way he made those brackets to get them up higher and out of the way.
              After the winch and amor. I had lost just overa 1/2 an inch of lift, so I bought longer springs in the front and added the Nth degree spring mount relocators in the rear, those relocators make the jeep sit 1 1/2 inches higher in the rear.
              Rock-it Man bumper/tire carrier in the rear settled the jeep, so it is almost level now. I guess you could say I have 3 inches lift in the front, 3 1/2 in the rear and 1 inch in the body, then enuff added accessories to bring it all back down to 3.5 inches of so
              Last edited by blackZZR; 10-14-05, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                If I could talk Erik into doing that killer bodymount mod he did on his jeep to mine, I would give mine away and run the stock ones. One thing I have noticed, with a body lift your brackets still get hammered, I like the way he made those brackets to get them up higher and out of the way.
                yeah, that's a good mod.

remember though, Erik was making up for 2" of body lift, you'll never get your mounts up that high with a 1" BL. just sayin'.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

When we camp, I would say that we have more than 300 lbs of gear in the jeep if we leave the gas can at home. Much of that is about 8 gallons of water, just in case...

The Kilby gas skid is no lightweight, and I've avoided an aftermarker bumper/tire carrier for weight resons as well. There's always some one selling their stocker when ours is too bashed up.

I could get another Jeep and split the load, but then who would I have to yell at?

Comment

sorry for the thread hijack about the body lifts

I run the body lift si I can take full advantage of a belly up kit
                    the 3 inches of lift in the suspension are so I can go places, Kinda like you origonally said, need to be able to load up and go without worrying about clearence. I started with 2 inches of lift, but after a few mods, like winch,heavy bumpers and armor, I found I was losing heigth, so it was replacing the springs for more lift, about that time I did the SYE and belly up so the 1 inch body lift went on.
                    I run a top hat rack when we camp. that is a roof rack but it fits onto the roll cage, not the window and rear of jeep like most top racks, And as a few guys here can tell you (mainly because they have helped get stuff off of it) I can load it up really heavy. There are pics in my gallery of it on top and empty.
                    Anyway 3 inches of lift, My Wife, dogs, self and camping gear and I can get down most trails without any diffaculty. From what everyone who I have discussed it with, 4 inches is about as far as you want to go with a short arm lift, so the RE 3.5 should serve your porposes real well. As you can figure out by reading this thread, what you start with, and after all you put on the jeep weight wise, you do not end up with origonal lift, so get out a paper and figure out your entire build, All I wanted was 2 inches of lift. but because of everythig I put on it, I spent money I would never had to if I had figured out that my jeep would sag with other mods weight. Go a little bigger than you want and it will all come back to where you want it to be.

Comment

: personally it comes down to only a few choices:
                      1. if you never intend to go Long Arm then get the Currie. Speaking from experience, it is the best there is. ive had RE, and Tera. Tera sucks! plain and simple. its noisy and it clunks. not to much to complain about the RE but just that the Currie was superior. you get what you pay for.
                      2. as for Long Arm, personally i have a RE upgrade kit from my Currie set up. If i was starting fresh off, i would get the Clayton LA kit. thats all there is to know.:wink:
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Unlimited Rubicon lift question

Hey guys I am coming back from Iraq for 2 weeks in nov and am buying a new unlimited rubicon and am cant decide which lift to buy. I am looking at the nth degree mobility and the fabtech 8" high clearance crawler system with the optional coil overs up front. I am trying to get it all on while I am home but paying to get the lift installed is going to be an issue. Which lift would you recommend I know nothing about wranglers since I had my XJ forever. No longer having my XJ I am now going with the wrangler. thanks for your help and let me know if there is anythign else that goes with the lifts I will need. I think it comes with a SYE kit stock so the longer driveshafts will be needed and I have no clue where to get them. thanks again.
                        '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

I would first talk to the guys at Polyperformance.

www.polyperformance.com

One of the best fab shops on the west coast.

Comment

Nth Degree Kit

Hands down (Not the cheapest) but possibly the best thought out / built lift on the market. SA or LA.

Comment

Update: Got the RE 4.5" Extreme Duty long arm kit

RE 4.5" Extreme Duty long arm kit. Got an amazing deal, the kit, an Advanced Adapters SYE, and a Tom Woods custom CV shaft for the price of the kit from Red Rock 4x4.

Had it all installed by CJBrian and Mel at Off Road Evolution in Fullerton. They talked me into a TerraLow 4:1 while the T/C was apart.

Da Wife takes it out for the first time to Keysville and Freeway Ridge this weekend.

Thanks for the advice and ideas!

No pics on the web yet, but when it happens, I'll update the post.

Spud

Comment

good choice. I like the RE LA also. I do like the NTH degree lift to and i actually got to see one in person the other day. while walking past the vehicle i said, "Stupid SA lift though." Then i looked closer and it was a Nth LA.. i couldnt believe how tucked those arms are.,. talk about clearance!.... Talk about a price tag!
                                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                                X