Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 4.5 Coils part 2

Just got done putting the RE 4.5 coils on my TJ. Everything went well but still need to align the front end stuff. Rear drive shaft angle looks okay for street driving until I put the SYE in on friday. Of course since I havent test drove it yet its hard to tell. If its a problem I'll just pull it off for the time being.

Only issue I have is the rear looks so much higher than the front. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I'll probably take a while for the coils to seat. Drive it around to see if it fixes it some.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      I'll probably take a while for the coils to seat. Drive it around to see if it fixes it some.
      Ill give that a try as soon as I get the front track bar back on. Jam nut on it is stuck on tight waiting for a friend to get home so I can use his monster vise.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

vise? Huh? Put one end where it belongs then go at the jamnut. I dont get it.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I tried that the jam nut still would not move (yes I was turning it the correct direction). All good now, jam nut is loose and track bar will be back in first thing in the morning
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

they do sometimes sit higher in the rear unloaded. you could try screwing with the nitrogen pressure in your shocks to level it a bit. just a thought.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Have driven on them a little bit now and they have settled some and it does not look as bad. I will give them some time time to settle in and if I still dont like it I will mess with the pressure in the shocks (good idea Brain, thanks).
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
              X