Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nth degree stinger slider

I have been looking at this system closely, anyone know anyone who has put it on?
    Have Smackos, will travel

There is a great thread on Jeepforum.com, with a link to some wild pics of a 4.5" lift system (Nth) which includes the stinger/slider.
    2005 Rubicon Unlimited "Sahara Edition"
    Home Despot Disco's
    Warn Diff Cover
    Bumpers on the way!

Comment

I have called nth degree and talked to them about the system, and about the rear spring seat relocation brackets, the more i learn about it the more I like it.
      I am not into extreme lift heights, and if I install it I will end up with 3 inches, kinda high for me, I will have to upgrade the front springs but I will be regaining the amount of lift I started with before starting to load the jeep up with accesories.
      I only ever wanted 2.5 inches, have around 2 now, will end with around 3 when finished, thats cool
      I am more of an adventure jeep guy than a rock crawler so I think that will set me up nice, with the stinger/slider I will be running a 3 link rear and I have noticed that opens up some extra flex in the rear.
      But Holy C-ap can you spend money on a tj fast
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Im installing their 6" Long Arm system right now.

Im up to my arms deep in the middle of installing the Nth Degree 6" TJLA system. This includes the stinger, tummy tucker, spring re-location brackets, shock shifters & basically everything made by them for the TJ or LJ jeep. So far I have all my old suspension out, the tummy tucker fits and works perfect with the NV-241OR Rock-Track 4:1 transfer case. Slight modifications to shifter linkage was required but it was easy to do. Right now I am drilling and installing the crush sleeves for the Gyro Joint LA brackets and welding them into the frame. This stuff should be no problem to do for anyone with even moderate welding skills. Id say I have maybe another week or two before everything is mounted and I take her for a spin. I was watching a TJ with the 4.5" system goofing around 2 weeks ago on the Rubicon up by Little Sluce box and he was getting mad flex going on. I can't wait until the MJR crew hits Ducy/Ershim next month. That oughta test out my flex nicely.
        Rick OllllllO
        " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
        Rick W6RE

Comment

there you go, thats what I wanted to hear, mad flex
          I have decide next week, or when ever the parts come in that I am doing a belly up and SYE with rear spring relocators, those relocators deal with something noone else has wanted to, however they lift 1 1/2 inches so you need to decide to buy new springs, I called Nth today and they said to gusset up the Tera belly up pan (Teras gives the most clearance out there) and you can weld on the 15 dollar nth braket to make the 3 link stinger work. Talked to Chris and he is willing to do the welding work for me. So------ next week 2 gs into the bellyup and spring conversion, now I need to hide another 700 for the 3 link from the wife. figure on 3 to 4 months. Hey Chris you going be ready to make a little CASH money?

Comment

nth degree slider

Originally posted by Barker
            I have been looking at this system closely, anyone know anyone who has put it on?
            I have a 2005 rubi Unlimited put one on I love it, has taken some hard hits. I minor problem I had but quickly solved front part of slider was rubbing at times on stock drive shaft. All you have to do is grin front part of slider and it will be just fine.

Comment

well I put the stinger slider system on this weekend
              I fabed a bracket to have it work with the Tera Bellyup plate and bolted it up, I need to get down to my welder to have it welded up as soon as I put around a weeks worth of trips on the jeep to analyze the bracket and its mounting. Just want to sheck it out more.
              So I can tell you this :
              absolutely no axle wrap, this thing stops the pinion movement so much you are taken aback by how soon power is felt when releasing the clutch. I run a detriot so that might amplify the affect, but no more slop in the line.
              greater rear sway which I hope turns into articulation on trail. I had not hooked up the front sway bar after wheeling 2 weeks ago and just driving around the block to test the seating of everything I felt the extra sway, after rehooking up the fronts It went away, but the amount there was more than before the changeover.
              so those are 2 benefits I can see already and have not wheeled this thing yet, Nth degree claims that you have better traction, I see that, and better articulation, I have yet to truely see that but will report soon.
              A few notes to anyone wanting to put this system on.
              first move the wheelbase back to stock, err 93.4 inches
              adjust the pinion to Driveshaft angle and check wheelbase again
              put on the slider and stinger, using the middle adjustment washer counts
              once I did that I read the adjustment and set up the bracketry to instrucions, measured and found that if I turned the front bushing bracket 180 egrees that it lined up perfectly to the Tera belly up skid plate and the mounting bracket would be a easy fab. 30 minutes later and it was test drive time.
              I will soon beable to decide if it was worth the money, will post that soon.

Comment

I've heard good things about it but you still have a rear trackbar, correct.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                  I've heard good things about it but you still have a rear trackbar, correct.
                  which tri-link did you do al???
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I did the RK short arm conversion. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                      I did the RK short arm conversion. Love it.
                      is there a link to it online??? I was thinking of getting one from full traction but I'm not sure, might just run the track bar one more season.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

-yes the nth degree still runs the trackbar
                        I beleive full traction and RE do away with the trackbar
                        when reading the FAQs on the nth site , he states that the trackarm is still important

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                          is there a link to it online??? I was thinking of getting one from full traction but I'm not sure, might just run the track bar one more season.
                          http://www.rockkrawler.com/

Comment

that RK system looks nice
                            I would like to see a pick of it installed
                            besides dealing with the control arm bind issue, does it handle axle wrap?

Comment

TJ's dont get axle wrap (at least not enough to matters)because the control arms. YJ's are the ones with axle wrap.

Comment

Working...
                              X