Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonkadave
    There are alot of Torque Bar out there made by al most every company.
    I'm dealing with a handicap though... the ole '74 doesn't have much market out there so I'll be fabbing one of my own up also... and...

I plan On making one for my jeep when I get home from Iraq.
    Mine also will be fabbed once I get back from Iraq. Great brains think alike! I'm home in just 20 days or so days!!! Goodbye Fallujah!
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow this is awesome, I'm actually getting educated, but I have another question...... could I use the shackle revolvers without gong to the SOA ? And if so would I lose any height that I have now with my regular shackles ? Ok, maybe two questions, How much height is actually gained from the SOA ?
      Thanks all for hanging in there,
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper
        1. could I use the shackle revolvers without gong to the SOA ? 2. And if so would I lose any height that I have now with my regular shackles ? Ok, maybe two questions, 3. How much height is actually gained from the SOA ?
        Thanks all for hanging in there,
        Dave
        1. yes

2. depends. what is the length of your shackles and what is the length of the revolvers you are considering: ie the distance between the shackle bolts in a closed position.

3. The diameter of the axle tube, plus the height of the spring perches, plus thickness of spring pack - on my YJ this was 6" +/-
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind, that I don't think we have covered, is that SOA allows you to use flatter springs.

I used to run 4.5" RE extreme duty springs. They worked great but because they are arched so much at rest they don't droop much when the load is removed.

I then went SOA and switched to 1.5" springs. At rest the springs are much flatter so they have more movement when the axle drops. Also I gained 1.5" in height. Also, also a flatter spring has a softer ride when driving down to the auto parts store.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Not trying to hi-jack this tread, PROMISE!

Originally posted by aston
            I then went SOA and switched to 1.5" springs. At rest the springs are much flatter so they have more movement when the axle drops. Also I gained 1.5" in height. Also, also a flatter spring has a softer ride when driving down to the auto parts store.
            These are the reasons I wanted to go SOA. More articulation and a softer ride than the ole CJ5 springs. I'm gonna have to pick yer brains a lot in the near future I think. Thanks for the info!

17 Days Left.

Comment

Want lift and articulation for your Intermediate Jeep (72-75)? Check out this site: http://www.holbrookspecialties.com/longleaf.htm

Comment

Dude! THANK YOU! Ima check this out in detail. I was hoping for a cheap method from the junkyard, but this is affordable AND simple.
                Maybe I can get it put in BEFORE the August AAT run! Woot!

Originally posted by UglyGreenJeep
                Want lift and articulation for your Intermediate Jeep (72-75)? Check out this site: http://www.holbrookspecialties.com/longleaf.htm

Comment

so are these pretty much just cherokee springs?
                  ../l ,[____],
                  l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
                  ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

I got really excited about this! But I think the website or the company is out of business or something. I have no joy trying to contact them on the internet. (I dont have a way to contact them on the phone handy here in Iraq.) I wanted to order this kit and have it waiting for me when I get back to cali, but I dunno. IF ANYONE CAN HELP, I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm desperate!

Originally posted by UglyGreenJeep

Comment

Working...
                    X