Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Diamond 3"

I've searched the forums for anyone talking about Black Diamond, but its all their old products. Just wondering if anyone recommends their 3" TJ Lift for a '97?

One thing I found out a while back is that Black diamond is now owned by Superlift, and their stuf, while not being the most extreme, is always great quality with a good ride.
    Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Andy
      One thing I found out a while back is that Black diamond is now owned by Superlift, and their stuf, while not being the most extreme, is always great quality with a good ride.
      That's what I heard, too.

I'm installing a basic (just coil springs and shocks) 2" lift on a friend's jeep tomorrow, with black diamond shocks. I'll tell you tomorrow night how it rides.

Jeri Lyn
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

While not directly related to a BD lift, shocks seem to make all the difference in ride quality much more than the springs.

Budget lifts are just that, budget. When you look at an RE or Currie kit and see all the extras (brake lines, adjustable trackbars, etc) they are there for a reason. Sometime you can get waya with not having them sometime you cant. Every Jeep seems different.

Just my $ .02 for ya
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well, got the black diamond shocks on, along with coil springs (coil springs were from a pro comp lift). Rides as if it was still stock, which is nice, but I'm not happy with the height. The shocks completely compress when the weight of the vehicle is on them, so they coils are the only things giving 2". (these are black diamond AT shocks). But like I said, the ride is not stiff, feels like stock.

JL

Comment

standard hydro shocks, which I'm assuming the BD's are, will never help with lift. Even the fancy Fox shox, nitrogen charged to 200psi, only give maybe a half inch(if that) extra lift. That's only because the gas pressure takes a little load off the spring. FWIW, they ride way better than stock.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
              "The shocks completely compress when the weight of the vehicle is on them"

JL
              when the weight is on the wheels how much shock travel do you still have?
              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Andy
                when the weight is on the wheels how much shock travel do you still have?
                Was only able to drive the jeep a short time, and that was all freeway. So I haven't checked out how they are off road. Should have at least f 6"of travel, but we'll see.

Comment

Hey I appreciate all the feedback, now just have to get myself to work so I can actually afford it. I guess for the standard lift that it is, the $525 is a good price.

-Jinx

Comment

Working...
                  X