Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from experienced Jeepers

I have a ton of questions. I have a 95 wrangler stock. It is no longer my primary vehicle, so I am ready to make some changes. I don't want to get extreme. It has a 4 banger, which I want to keep it that way. I also don't want to get into extending driveshafts etc.... Questions.
    1. What height and brand suspension should I get where I will not have to make a bunch of alterations? How high can I go?
    2. What size tires/wheels should I get without putting too much stress on the old four banger?
    3. What small bolt on things can I do to better the performance of the 4 cyl?

ANY help is appreciated. Thanks!

What do you plan on doing with it? ... is it for offroad, or just for show? ... how much can you spend?
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

1. 2" - 2 1/2" with transfer case drop to avoid driveline vibrations. Or just put a body lift on it (or not), buy some 31's and go wheelin.

2. What gearing do you have? I'm assuming the 4 banger came with 4.10s? I would keep it to 31's or 32's max unless you plan on regearing.

3. 4.0L throttle body. Forget all the $100 doodads. They add up to less hp than just swapping the tbody. I have bought several tbodies on ebay for less than $10.

The most important choice to make up front is the largest size tire you plan on running. That basically determines how much needs to be done.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

It will be for off road, but not extreme like mtns. I live in southern Indiana, so its not that extreme. I still plan on driving it on the street too.
        About 3 grand or so.
        Last edited by najeep; 03-15-05, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rick. Yeah I thought anything over 4 inches would get me into to many changes. It seems to me with a Jeep being too tall could be bad. So 2 1/2 suspension lift with 32's and tbody. What lifts do you recommend?

Comment

Working...
          X