Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox vs ? shocks

So all this high fallutin shock talk got me looking around at what the options are for rebuildable, revalvable hi-po shocks. In addition to the Fox 2.0, I think the Fabtech Dirtlogic 2.25 and the Bilstein 7100 are similar in features. Is anyone using either of these? The Fabtech units seem to be new releases, as there is virtually zero press on them (a google search for them is downright lonely). I just thought if I'm going to buy $140 shocks, I ought to at least look at the options. The Bilsteins are similar in price, but I could not find a price on the Fabtechs.

I also found these, they look interesting: BBCS-15

Anyone running the BBCS or have any experience with them? Alas, they are not rebuildable or revalvable, but anyone paying $100 a piece must be pretty confident in them for what appears to be a regular ole monotube.

Where is the best source for the Fox shocks?
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

without even clicking on the link I'm gonna guess those shocks are from polyperformance. I believe they are made by edlebrock(sp?). Do you really need 15" of travel???

truth be told, IMO, once you get into gas charged, valveable, rebuildable shocks... I bet they mostly perform the same. It's all about setting them up to suit your needs. Actually I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I'll just shut up now.
    Last edited by blkTJ; 02-12-05, 02:42 AM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Rick,

Another option, just for the sake of completeness in your searching and knowledge, is King Shocks.

http://www.kingshocks.com/shocks.htm

Bruce from the BBS runs them and says he's happy. I saw them on his CJ and they seemed like a quality product.

Then again, both Blaine and Erik seemed happy with the Fox's, as is Brian's rear....hum, oh well.

Comment

Yeah, I know the Poly Perf shocks are 14" travel (that's what it says), but just wondered if they were any good.

Darrell, I didn't list Sway-Away either, mostly because their comparable shock is 50% more $ than those listed. I think the King stuff is the same way but I can't seem to find published prices. Thanks though, to be complete they are in the same category.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

The Missus and I went with the Bilstein 5150's. We considered the rebuildable 7100's but didn't think that the step up in price would be worth it. We are very happy with our bounce-stoppers. Besides, we couldn't resist the name:
          Q: What is a 5150?

A: 5150 is a legal hold imposed on a person that is believed to be in need of involuntary psychiatric treatment in the state of California.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
          X