Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Control Arm Question

I admit this may seem very silly/stupid but I am stumped.

Put on adjustable lower and upper front RE SF control arms this weekend (did not get to the rears yet). Once I have everything set, adjusted and bolted down went to grease them.

It seemed to me that the grease to did not go inside the zerk fitting but globbed everywhere around it. Even tries using a needle fitting on the grease gun with the same effect.

So, what is the propery way to lube the control arms and do I need a special fitting for my grease gun.

Thanks,
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I just put those on as well. I have a normal zerk fitting and the grease went into fine. That's weird? :confused:

Don' know what to say.. I'll go have a look at mine and see if I can come up with something.

FG

PS.. mine are the HD RE control arms, so they may be different than the SF ones...

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Nagal,
      Mine are that way too, kinda a pain, I just have to squeeze very hard and make sure the connection is straight. There really isn't much room for grease, as I found out after taking a few apart.

B&T TJ

Comment

Okay, if they do not take much grease then that seems to explain it.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I can't get any into mine either.

Jason
          The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

is the little ball stuck on the zerk?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

the ball was not stuck on mine, had no problems pushing in the needle fitting into it.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

The joints are a tight fit especially when they are new. Just takes a little elbow grease.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                X