Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best lift size for 35's

Want to put bigger tires on my JK and I'm planning to get Discoverer STT Pro in 315/70/17 (35's). What's the minimum lift in order to fit these Cooper tires? I'm thinking of a 3.5inch though I'm still open to other suggestions.

I'm running a 2 1/2" pro comp lift on the JKU with stock Sahara wheels and 255/70-18 tires. Given the 32" size and that 35's would only be 1 1/2" farther from the axle center, I'd feel totally comfortable running 35's on the 2 1/2". Just make sure the backspacing allows the top of the tire to clear the frame at full stuff.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm decided to get a 2.5" lift since I have no plan on getting tires bigger than 35's.

Comment

I run 35s on my 2008 Rubicon two door. I did the 1 3/4 Daystar lift and 1 1/2 wheel spacers. Have to also trim the inside of the rear wheel well. The rear tire will still rub a little on full flex. Did not have to get new shocks.
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by chad1 View Post
          ...since I have no plan on getting tires bigger than 35's.
          you say that now.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
          X