Announcement

Collapse

Recent upgrades completed...

The regular login form is in the upper right. Don't ask me why... problems? We can help.
See more
See less

best lift size for 35's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best lift size for 35's

Want to put bigger tires on my JK and I'm planning to get Discoverer STT Pro in 315/70/17 (35's). What's the minimum lift in order to fit these Cooper tires? I'm thinking of a 3.5inch though I'm still open to other suggestions.

I'm running a 2 1/2" pro comp lift on the JKU with stock Sahara wheels and 255/70-18 tires. Given the 32" size and that 35's would only be 1 1/2" farther from the axle center, I'd feel totally comfortable running 35's on the 2 1/2". Just make sure the backspacing allows the top of the tire to clear the frame at full stuff.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm decided to get a 2.5" lift since I have no plan on getting tires bigger than 35's.

Comment

I run 35s on my 2008 Rubicon two door. I did the 1 3/4 Daystar lift and 1 1/2 wheel spacers. Have to also trim the inside of the rear wheel well. The rear tire will still rub a little on full flex. Did not have to get new shocks.
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by chad1 View Post
          ...since I have no plan on getting tires bigger than 35's.
          you say that now.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
          X