X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Reviving the TJ: Phase 1 - Lift and Protect

Lift Kit / Suspension
    Savvy/Currie 3" Lift
    Progressive Springs: 3" Progressive Springs [maybe 4" ?-- ultimately building 33" w/ tummy tuck]
    Rear Trac-Bar: No Trac-Bar,TJ Relocation Bracket
    Aluminum Control Arms: Aluminum Control Arms
    Front ANTIROCK Sway Bar: No ANTIROCK, Equip JKS Disconnects
    Extended Brake Lines: Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    Front Trac-Bar: NO Adjustable Front Trac-Bar, Already Equipped

Wheels (5x4.5, 3.5" backspacing, 15x8") -- currently running 32x12.5 tires on stock wheel with some rubbing... 3.75"BS to resolve that..
    Steel Series 51, 15x8 with 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern (cheapest @ ~$45/wheel.. considering alloy @ 2x-3x the cost per wheel $100-150)

SYE Kit
    Teraflex TJ 231 Extreme Short Shaft Kit (shortest... an extra degree or two for the driveshaft?)

Driveshaft
    Tom Woods most excellent shaft, dude.

Oil Pan Skid Plate -- oil pan is still scarred but functional from this TJ's previous life playing on the rocks
    Nth Degree Mobility Oil Pan Skid Plate

Steering Box Skid Plate -- haven't hit it yet *knock on wood*
    Rugged Ridge Steering Box Skid Plate (cheapest @ $46 bucks shipped.. alternatives welcome but they all look to be about the same design.)

and potentially.....
    Trail Cage
    PSC Trail Cage+PSC Heavy Duty Header Bar Upgrade
    or
    Essentially Off Road Trail Cage

Saving some change for tools / unexpected parts that I'll need to get the job done. What y'all think? Any vendors that I might want to check out or should I pull the trigger already and start slapping this crap on?
    Bryan
    2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
    front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
    Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

I have a steering box skid plate for $25 if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailabite View Post
      I have a steering box skid plate for $25 if your interested.
      Definitely interested!! I'll shoot you a PM, perhaps we can coordinate to meet up at the Long Beach Jeep event in a few weeks to avoid dealing with shipping.. Thanks a bunch!!
      Last edited by Kaffa; 07-06-15, 06:30 PM.
      Bryan
      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa View Post
        Definitely interested!! I'll shoot you a PM, perhaps we can coordinate to meet up at the Long Beach Jeep event in a few weeks to avoid dealing with shipping.. Thanks a bunch!!
        Works for me, I already have the event in my calendar.

Comment

I did the PSC trail cage+ HD header bars. Great product. cage went together easy. fitment was great. No real modifying, just grinding the ends for better welds. I would recommend.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
            I did the PSC trail cage+ HD header bars. Great product. cage went together easy. fitment was great. No real modifying, just grinding the ends for better welds. I would recommend.
            It is their full cage offering, but this is ultimately the reason that I'm leaning towards the PSC trail cage:
            http://i.imgur.com/yZFkGzh.jpg
            http://imgur.com/a/aK5pw#0
            original source+discussion[reddit]:http://www.reddit.com/r/Jeep/comment...0_cliff_twice/
            So even though not the same cage, with two 100ft falls and the thing is still in-tact. I feel that says *something* about the engineering behind their products.

Fortunately, the only person I personally know with the EOR cage has never had to use it so there's nothing else to compare it to in that way. Thanks for the +1 though on the PSC! I'd be willing to bet both choices are excellent at this point since they've been making them for so long
            Last edited by Kaffa; 07-12-15, 08:46 AM. Reason: added source url [reddit]
            Bryan
            2003 black TJ 4.0 manual

Comment

Originally posted by Kaffa View Post
              It is their full cage offering, but this is ultimately the reason that I'm leaning towards the PSC trail cage:
              http://i.imgur.com/yZFkGzh.jpg
              http://imgur.com/a/aK5pw#0
              original source+discussion[reddit]:http://www.reddit.com/r/Jeep/comment...0_cliff_twice/
              So even though not the same cage, with two 100ft falls and the thing is still in-tact. I feel that says *something* about the engineering behind their products.

Fortunately, the only person I personally know with the EOR cage has never had to use it so there's nothing else to compare it to in that way. Thanks for the +1 though on the PSC! I'd be willing to bet both choices are excellent at this point since they've been making them for so long
              Anything put together well, and mounted correctly will do the trick. Easy flops or slow rolls, won't hurt any good cage. Anything serious, a hwy speed crash, or a 100ft roll, is most likely gonna destroy your jeep anyway. As long as the cage does its job, you are alive to toss your smashed jeep, and start a new build.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

New control arms and springs are in!
                MJR Rainbow Cyn Pre-Run.GPX

Still more work to do.... next up is probably the rear axle components.
                Bryan
                2003 black TJ 4.0 manual

Comment

Working...
                X