Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A roll cage will be happening, no doubt! I've driven it almost every day for 1/2 a year now. I hope I can get some softer suspension. Not entirely for my own benefit day today, but partly because I can't get any ladies to ride with me on long trips while it rides so rough! 10 miles is to much for most :-\ That doesn't get even 1/4 the way to big bear. Much less home to Louisiana, haha
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-10-12, 11:26 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Have you thought about converting to some 2" lift yj springs (I think stock YJs would lower you a bit although it would probably give the best ride)? They are a longer and wider and will have a much softer ride than what you have. You could keep the axle close to the same spot, have easily accessible replacements and should stay at close to the same ride height.Of course it would require a bit of fab work. New spring pads for the axles, spring hangers and shackle mounts which are easy to build with a trip to the metal shop.

Those holbrooks really asymmetrical, I am not sure what that does to handling. Plus they are still the skinny leaves and I think you can get a better ride with the wider yj springs. The price isn't too bad on them so maybe it would be worth a try, it would be the least work to get longer springs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
        A few folks suggested contacting a custom spring shop, maybe I'll give that a try. See if I can get a quote for springs that fit the factory mounts, but have a higher number of thinner leafs, and set roughly 1" higher (which would be perfect, I think). I contacted Long Beach Spring, see if they get back to me. Any one know of a good custom spring shop?
        LBSpring is where I got my custom spring work done in the past. They make custom U bolts too. I always walked in. I don;t know how they are on calling you back. They're good guys there. They'll also rebuild your old spring packs, new nylon dividers, bolts/ locator pin and clamps. That may be enough to smooth out your ride.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I second Jonah's suggestion on the YJ springs. I put the RE YJ springs on my CJ and it had a much better ride. If you are wanting to go custom I have heard good things about these guys. http://alcanspring.com/ or http://www.deaverspring.com/ which I have used and was very happy with. Deaver actually figured out the weight to design the correct spring for me.
          Check out .

Comment

I'll give them a call, see what they would charge for a set of custom made springs If I didn't have to have new mounts and new spring pads, that would be ideal
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Called Deaver up, I'm going to give them a try, see what they can do. They're going to get back to me later today to get some final specs.

Comment

Cool deal. Good luck and post up when they get done so we can see them.
                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                X