Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended brake line question?

So ever since I put my 4" lift on I never disconnected the sway bar links for fear that my stock brake lines will rip off. Is my assumption correct? I have been tempted to disconnect and try it but then again I don't want to strand myself out in the desert.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Get some braided steel lines. Not only will it get rid of your fears, but it will give you a little firmer pedel. RE sells um, I think.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Oh trust me, I would love a set if I could afford it. I don't want to tell my son I canceled the order on his new bunk bed to get break lines though.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Drill new holes in the frame and move the brake line clips down a bit?
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          Drill new holes in the frame and move the brake line clips down a bit?
          do that and get some 95YJ brake lines from your local auto parts store. They're about $40 a pair and are a few inches longer than the stock TJ lines.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Looks like I will have to just stay connected till I can shell out the money for the braded ones. Might as well do it up right the first time.
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

there is really no reason to spend the extra coin on the stainless.
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I guess you're right when you think about it. I have never seen a rubber brake line fall apart. I guess if I did buy new YJ ones they would last at least 100k miles. That's what I will do then. Thanks Brian.
                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

your welcome. the only reason I even made a point of it is that i originally wanted the stainless lines myself. I was talked into the yj lines and have never had a problem with them. recently I even forked out an extra 39 bucks for a spare set.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I run YJ brake lines. They work great.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                    X