Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Anitrock

Do you guys think the TJ rear Anitrock at $400.00 is worth the money and time to install over the stock dialed in swaybar.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

I have been juggling the same thought. I have been looking at buying the currie to help settle all the rocking / swaying at the back

Comment

The going story is that it balances out nicely with the front anti rock. My put put Jeep just has a rear anti rock and that thing works like a charm. You kinda have to consider if you are keeping the coil springs, or going to do coil overs before you buy the thing. Coil springs, you need the bend arms, with coil overs you can use the builder kit with straight arms, its 300 bucks and chainge. Works pretty well on Freddy's and mine

Comment

Originally posted by Hook&Ladder View Post
        I have been juggling the same thought. I have been looking at buying the currie to help settle all the rocking / swaying at the back
        To get rid of the swaying the trackbar has to go, a triangulated 4 link rides much better, than anything with a trackbar in the rear

Comment

Thanks Art

Comment

Do you think the Antirock is stiffer or weaker than stock?
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Stiffer, the rod is thicker than the stock one. From there you play with it by moving the rods to the different holes. Running both should keep the body reasonably straight while the axles articulate

Comment

I run Currie AR front and rear. HUGE difference. Especially coming down the mountain from BB. Almost no body roll anymore. Part of that is the 4 link, but I drove it without the AR and there was a big change after I installed them.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

One thing I notice about currie products is every thing they make is top notch and built to last. Not sure if the rear sway will make much of a difference as the stock one is really thin and dont do much. Thats why most people recomend not taking it off.

Comment

I have a heavy duty rear sway bar(3/4" stock is 9/16) I use to run when I had Quick disconnects. I think I will make some new ajustable arms for the sway bars I have and see if I can get some more travel. I think my rear travel has out grown my sway bar links.

Comment

The thing you do not want is one of the links trying to invert the arm

Comment

With my 9" the sway bar is upside down to begin with. So I will try the arms and see if I can Make it work. Then I will buy the AR and do my part to keep the economy going.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                          One thing I notice about currie products is every thing they make is top notch and built to last. Not sure if the rear sway will make much of a difference as the stock one is really thin and dont do much. Thats why most people recomend not taking it off.
                          Well you're right, it definitely doesn't seem to hurt anything. Having driven some goodly distances at goodly speeds both without front and without any sway bars, I can tell you that the stock rear sway bar does stabilize things noticeably. Even if you're just going slow, it's better to have it, since it mitigates body roll when off-camber, and keeps the axle from drooping so much that a coil spring can fall out.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

I agree it does help a bit at slow speeds. But with any swb jeep any high speed quick manuever is definatly not recomended. I have seen quite a few flop jeeps on the freeway because of this.

Comment

First trip on my front Anti-Rock, definitely noticed a difference in stability. But then again I rolled the jeep. I blame it on the driver
                              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X