Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribe JK Coilover Install

Well guys I was in the market for a Weld in Coilover system and The guys at Tribe 4X4 came through. I went form the Bolt on Coilover mounts to these so the teardown was very simple.

Once the old setup was removed. I found a good sawzall and a few good blades yeilded the best results to remove the factory mounts. ALWAYS CHECK CLEARANCE WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO CUT.

Here are some shots of the frame rails and axle all cleaned up

This is the pile of scrap that you will have when your finished....

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Here is the initial fit of the towers. They fit almost perfect, just needed a quick kiss with the grinder on the rear edge to get them flush on the frame rail.

The lower mounts were welded on after the test fit with everything tacked in place and the suspension cycled a few times.

And here are some photos of the towers all burned in.

Comment

That's looking really nice. Looks tough as nails.
      Check out .

Comment

Thansk Chuck Ill be doing the rear tonight. So it will be done by KOH

Comment

That is pimp, great looking work. Any info on the coilovers?
          [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Hopefully Ill like the Fox's as much as i did the kings

Comment

Looks great Scott! I might have to save some serious $$$ to go that route someday!
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                Looks great Scott! I might have to save some serious $$$ to go that route someday!
                Youll love it! When I was running the kings it was such a drastic improvement in ride quality it was worth every cent.....

Comment

The last of teh springs arrived last night so she should be all buttoned up with front and rear coilovers tonight

Comment

here are some finished pics

Comment

After having both. What are the pros and cons between the bolt on version and the weld in?

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                        After having both. What are the pros and cons between the bolt on version and the weld in?
                        The big advantage for me was it freed up alot of wheel well space. While at truck haven the tires were hitting the shock mounts and left more room to be desired.

Comment

I'm also intrested to know how well the Fox CO's work.
                          I've been thinking of doing the same CO set up sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                            I'm also intrested to know how well the Fox CO's work.
                            I've been thinking of doing the same CO set up sometime.
                            Well so far I'm very happy with the fox's. I didn't do any wheeling at KOH but did some go fast stuff and lots of whoops.

Comment

These just showed up today!!!! I need to order a few more mounting parts and ill be throwing some more photos up here.

Comment

Working...
                              X