Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
    If you wanna go where your hommies are going and they are running 40's, you got more to worry about than tire selection my friend. Maybe a refinance on the house to cover your wheeling costs.
    LOL!! My friend, lets not get carried away- it's expensive but NOT that expensive!
    Below is what i decided to do:
    I have decided to keep the 33's and beef up the rear end,beef up the axles(superior axles) re gear to 4:56 gears, Detroit locker in the rear and a Detroit locker up front (limited slip)
    I got a quote yesterday from Brothers in Montclair.
    they will be doing the work for me.
    35 are nice but for now i will keep the 33's
    Will see haha

Comment

Ike and his brother will treat you right!
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
        Ike and his brother will treat you right!
        Good People for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
          Before you go and dump a bunch of money on new gears.. Martin from Mobile Gear is the man for the job... 488's installed front and rear for $900 with Ring and Pinion kit.. Most shops charge $1200 an axle. He and his brother came out to my house and installed them in about 4 hours in my driveway. He's done countless other friends vehicles and we have had good luck with them. You should be able to fit 35's under stock fenders no problem without a body lift, or tube fenders.. I would change the axles as well. I have seen countless Jeeps with a 4" lift with 35's
          do you have this guys number?

Comment

Way back on this topic on what Art say,s I went to 35,s but had to regear to 4.56
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
            X