Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockkrawler Lift

Has anyone heard of Rockkrawler lift kits. They have some really great prices on long arm systems. I would like to find someone who has tried one or at least seen one before I buy one.

The website is Rockkrawler.com. (I do not know how to Link)

Any feedback will be appreciated.
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

that is some nice looking stuff! i like the yj long wheel base coil over get up it is very expensive though. looks like quality parts in the kits.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I have never used any of thier stuff, but I have heard lots of bad things, and very few good things about their kits. The biggest problem I hear about is the rear upper link (3 link system) breaking off a the rear joint. They also use solid bar stock for the links, which will add considerably to both the wieght of the jeep, and the shipping cost.

That said, I have heard that they have re-designed their rear upper link to take care of the problems, but people still seem to avoid the kits.

So there is my second hand info, take it for what it is worth.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I've also heard horrible things about their parts and service....

Comment

Originally posted by TommyJeep
          I've also heard horrible things about their parts and service....
          ditto
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

here is a good thread from another board, I have herd the same some have a lot of proublems a few like them, I would do alot of reasurch and talk with them before I purchased their kit. any way here is the thread. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ht=rockkrawler
            81 CJ-8
            under construction

Comment

Alright enough, I am either going with a short arm or save my$$$$ for a few more weeks and get a RE or Full traction. I do not want to create problems with my so called improvements.

Thanks for the input, let someone else test there SHI-uff. I will never put parts on my jeep that are questionable for dependablity.

Now to save a few more $$$$$

NEXT QUESTION: RE OR FULLTRACTION????????

Again thanks everyone for the advice
              T
              Last edited by tjTerry; 04-27-04, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Again, no direct experience with either (yet), but RE is the tried and proven brand of choice that I constantly hear about. BUT, Full Traction has a fast growing fan base, and to be honest, if their quality is up to par, their long arm kit is better designed. They keep the 4-link up front (opposed to RE's radius arm kinda setup), and they use a 3-link in back, which eliminates the need for a track bar. One member on this board (Seapahn, who only stops by every now and then) has recently installed the Full Traction 6" long arm kit, and is very happy with it, despite him being in cheezeheadland and his heep being in LA.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  despite him being in cheezeheadland and his heep being in LA.
                  interesting . . .

I like my RE4.5 short arm. It flexes nice, I think . . . I'd like to get some long arms in the future, but it does nice for the time being.

Full Traction sounds like it has a nice kit, but I have no first hand info.

Last edited by Dukes69; 04-27-04, 09:46 PM.
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I have not herd anything bad about full tracktion and the few I know who own them like it. also check out claytons http://www.claytonoffroad.com/. I have herd good things on his kits
                    81 CJ-8
                    under construction

Comment

I helped install a FT 6" LA a few weekends ago. seems well designed. I have two beefs... the belly skid hangs darn near close to stock, not much extra clearance there, and the skid is a flat piece of steel, like the tera belly up, which everyone complains about bending up. my $.02. :yay:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hey Chris,
                        Your RE flexes great, have you added anything beyond the stantard kit?
                        Do you think 35's would fit with a 1" body lift? It looks like they will rub on the fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
                          Hey Chris,
                          Your RE flexes great, have you added anything beyond the stantard kit?
                          Do you think 35's would fit with a 1" body lift? It looks like they will rub on the fenders.
                          Just the OME shocks. I think 35's would fit nicely, they might rub slightly, but with the correct backspacing and bumpstops, you should be ok.
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Clayton is right here near me. They are some awesome guys and own some awesome land to play on.

Their kits are nothing but AWESOME!!! If you want a Long arm setup, the Clayton is trail tested, by the Clayton brothers.

Just my .02 cents

Comment

I am waiting for the Nth Degree mobility long-arm kit which will use the Tummy Tucker skid in conjunction with the Stinger driveshaft/rear diff skid to help control axle wrap.

Hope it's not vaporware though.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                              X