Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have rubicons on my f-350 and have been pleased with them. I know that the jeep is a different story so I am open to suggestions.

Doetsch dt8000s???
    Last edited by Rocked-N-Locked; 06-03-10, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I run rubicon express shocks and have no complaints. Popular opinion says to run bilsteins.
      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Bilstein 5100s here that ride great with my currie 4", but that's on an LJ.
        Last edited by mJUSTINm; 06-03-10, 01:41 PM.
        -Justin

Comment

Another vote for bilsteins
          I run the 5100 front and 5125 rear. Work real well with my Deavers! I got them thru Deaver. I thought the prices they had on the shocks was pretty fair.
          I ditched the swaybar and trac bar years and years ago. I don't miss them and drive the Jeep to and from all trips I go on.

Comment

Bilsteins are the way to go. I don't think you are, but if your using poly bushings. Change them to rubber. They flex better and ride smoother. So what if you have to change them every 3 years or so. It's worth it.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Flex is extremely necessary if you do NOT have lockers. For obvious reasons it does help in other scenario's but I think if you really take a look at the flex the rock racers have you'll be surprised how much it's designed to soak up the impact and not flex to the extremes.

if your locked up 3 tires will usually get it done and half the time 2 tires will get it done too.
              Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

ocTJ I agree, I have had no proformance issues, just seemed a little hairy with the fourth wheel 3 and 4 feet in the air half the time........also Great88, I checked up and down travel on my shocks....4 up and 4 down. So as I had already decided ,new shock time .
                Thanks again guys.
                Adam

Comment

bilstein 5150's or if your man enough bilstein 7100's. i have the 7100s up front and they ROCK!!!
                  1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I have a 90 yj that was spring over when i bought it, i removed the track bars and the sway bar didnt notice much difference on the highway but it dramaticly increased the flex off road. good enough for me besides lockers are for when a wheel comes up lol. thats where the fun is

Comment

I might be confused on the up-travel / down-travel thing. When my Jeep is sitting on flat level ground there is 10.5 inches of space from my tube fender to the top of the front tire. If I flex the suspension on a rock and the tire travels up and touches the fender isn't that like 10" of up-travel? The same on the droop side, it's down 18" from the fender. I wasn't sure if this is how it is measured. I know it isn't a "coil spring" or "coil-over" Jeep but it seems to flex and handle great, even with the cheap $70 RE Mono shocks.

Mitch

Comment

It is measured on the shock itself not the space between your tire and fender.

If your shock shaft is 12" long and at rest there is 4" of shaft showing, you have only the 4" of up travel and 8" of down travel.

Depending on what you do with your jeep, those may be undesirable ratios.
                        My jeep is set up at 6" up and 6" down with a standard load of tools in the back of my jeep.

I need the up travel because I like to go fast in the whoops to and from the trail head. Less up travel = slooow whoops. You'll be on the bump stops all the way to the trail head.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Erik,

Thank you for the info. That makes more sense for the numbers that I've heard others using. And yes I've used the bump stops to and from the trailhead

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                          X