Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Someone to Install a LIft Kit

I didn't really know where to put this so here we go,

I live in the Kansas City Area(Overland Park) And was curious if anyone around here would be able to install one and would give me a estimate. Its a 1988 XJ Limited . Throw me a e-mail at TheMagicalJew@bfgservers.com

Thanks!

Julian

WELCOME Julian...

Im not sure we have anyone near there...but maybe someone knows somebody...

Goodluck with the Lift...Tell us a little bit more about your Jeep

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I received it for my 15th birthday , my parents bought it 3 weeks before i was born. I have put in a 1000 dollar sound system ( I Love Music =) and now sold a couple of my stocks and decided i wanted to get into trailing, will post a couple more pics later

Comment

Hey Julian, welcome to MJR. Interesting username. Lifts arnt all that hard to install. You can do it with basic hand tools and some jack stands. Its just basically take off the old, put on the new. I'm not sure if there are any members in or near Kansas City, but maybe someone will chime in. Worst case senerio, you can always try it yourself . . . its not that bad.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I Saw a couple of kits on ebay and was wondering how they put up to the test? im on a budget of about 3-400 dollars, but the less we spend the more i will have to get the 31's sooner,

Thanks again
          Jew

Comment

hey Julian i have an XJ also and have looked at those lifts on ebay...they seem a little sketchy, so i would feel much better buying one from an actual store. What size lift do you wanna run?
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

3.5 -4 inch lift , and maybe if i could sell the tires taht are on there and get some 31's?
              ill take pics lata

Comment

cool! im planning on getting a 4.5" and prob get 31's or 32's
                B R E T T

Comment

since you guys dont seem like you recommend ebay, what is a decent website with free shipping or decent shipping prices

Comment

try http://www.kboffroad.com and mention MyJeepRocks.com for a discount.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Lol What do i need for a 3-4 inch lift? what are decent kits? Im not gonna be hardcore trailing yet

Comment

Ive heard a lot of good things about Rubicon Express, but that is pretty pricy especially for us kids with limited money. Ive heard good and bad things about Rusty's lifts (www.rustysoffroad.com) That is what im thinking of getting, check out the website they have a lot of stuff for a decent price. FOr about 845 w/o shipping you can get a 3 inch AAL with american racing wheels and 31 inch dick cepeks. or one with spring packs for 1000 so check it out. There are a lot of different brands so research as much as you can.

Also, for a 3-4 inch there are alot of differnt ways to get it. you could get a 2 inch Rubicon Express that has 2" coil spacers and AAL's then you could add shackles and coils that are 2 inches higher than stock for about four inches. another site to check out suspension stuff is http://www.rocky-road.com/cherokee.html lots of good stuff there too. Im just throwing out ideas here.

In a 3-4 inch lift you will want the following: coil springs, new rear leaf springs (i would recemend getting whole new packs in the back, AAL's will make the ride a little rough), brake line extensions for the back (although some come without so im guessing 3" doesnt need this) and new shock absorbers.

im pretty sure thats about it...
                        Last edited by JeepJunkie; 04-03-04, 07:48 PM.
                        B R E T T

Comment

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/m...ode=sus_xj_kit

could i do that and put 2 inch spacers on it?

Comment

yea you could do that and get shackles for the rear and spacers up front...i edited my post and added more stuff so check that out.
                            B R E T T

Comment

Do it right and Go Big the first time around

Don't nickel and dime yourself here. Save up your pennies and lift as high as you ever plan to go.

The Missus did quite a bit of research on her XJ build-up and went with the Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Duty lift to stuff 33's under it. If you decide to go bigger than 31's, you will have to junk your old lift.

Read up on Rusty's at JeepForum and NAXJA. I would hate to see a young person waste his or her money needlessly in addition to risking getting stuck in this sticks.

Also, don't get add-a-leaf kits. You will only be applying a band-aid to a critical lift component (the rear spring pack) that you already admitted is older than you are. Get new springs.

Poser shot in the driveway

Flexing on the Miller Jeep trail last week
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                              X