Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the axle is at a fixed location up & down the frame will twist and move with the jeep so joint side on the frame..

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
      the axle is at a fixed location up & down the frame will twist and move with the jeep so joint side on the frame..
      Why would the axle only rotate up and down? I thought the axle moved around in more of a circular type motion and why the joints are recommended.

BTW- what are you doing this afternoon Larry? I'm thinking about meeting up with a couple of guys and doing some local exploring . . . any interest?
      Last edited by Schmo; 08-02-09, 09:33 AM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Look at the front upper arms on your tj you cant put a flex joint on the axle.. JEEP is trying to tell you something here... where are you going I have nothing to do this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
          Look at the front upper arms on your tj you cant put a flex joint on the axle.. JEEP is trying to tell you something here... where are you going I have nothing to do this afternoon
          I was thinking about the front set up too and wondering if that's why the factory bushings have held up better. But it seems like the factory bushings hold up better than most of the aftermarket ones anyway. I'll give that a try . . . wasn't really looking forward to crawling back under the Jeep today, but what the hell.

Not sure as to where exactly were heading. Check out the August 2 thread . . . we'll be meeting up in La Crescenta at 1pm...seeing how close HWY 2 is we'll end up somewhere between there and your place.
          I'd better hurry up and get wrenchin!!!
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
          X