Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Rear UCA length

I keep ripping thru the bushing on the passenger side Rear UCA. I have the Rubicon Express rear UCAs with the Bushing on the frame side and the Joint on the axle end. It's pulling the arm so that the bolt tears thru the rubber bushing basically allowing the arm to be longer. Could this mean that I need to lengthen the arm on the passenger side? The Rear UCAs are the same length at this point.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

have a lockr in the rear? and are both upper bushings doing this? Mine have been doing this as well. I have noticed it WAY more because of my rear detroit locker and every day street use. I know there has been a TON of issues with RE rubber joints. Apparently RE is aware of this and has been taking care of some customers. I need to call them on monday to see what they can do. It has been just about a year and all 4 of my bushings are shot. Same description you are telling me.

-and yes my rear passenger side is the first to go also.
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768608
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      have a lockr in the rear? and are both upper bushings doing this? Mine have been doing this as well. I have noticed it WAY more because of my rear detroit locker and every day street use. I know there has been a TON of issues with RE rubber joints. Apparently RE is aware of this and has been taking care of some customers. I need to call them on monday to see what they can do. It has been just about a year and all 4 of my bushings are shot. Same description you are telling me.

-and yes my rear passenger side is the first to go also.
      http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768608
      Yeah I'm locked up F&R. So far it's only happened to the passenger side and the driver seems to still be in good shape. RE hooked me up with 2 free bushings when it happened the first time so luckily I had an extra bushing to throw in there today. Maybe it'll look better after a trip around the block, but you can see the pressure pulling on the bushing with it just sitting there. I guess I'll give RE a call and see if I can get another set of free bushings, otherwise I'll be upgrading to Currie's next time this happens.

Comment

Currie control arms should take care it I would say that the way the suspension works when flexing combined with the force of the trackbar is what causes the one busing to shred faster than the other

Comment

Another question. I know that you are not supposed to torque the bolt on the bushing until the Jeep is on the ground, but is there anything else I should be doing that might relieve a bit of the stress off the bushing?

Comment

That is about all you can do

Comment

Sell it and buy a Prius...
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                Currie control arms should take care it I would say that the way the suspension works when flexing combined with the force of the trackbar is what causes the one busing to shred faster than the other
                I've replaced all of the other arms with Currie's. It's funny how you learn as you go . . . when I was looking at kits, all the talk was about Full Traction and Rubicon Express!!!

Comment

you ask these questions everytime. trade it in and buy a yugo
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

He needs dana 60"s with a custom long arm stretch kit 110 wheel base 40in tires.... that should fix his bushing problems.

Comment

Let it spend 6 monts at Josh's apartment and see what will happen, atleast after that you will not have to worry about scratches

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Let it spend 6 monts at Josh's apartment and see what will happen, atleast after that you will not have to worry about scratches
                        lol. it will just still be sitting there after that.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          you ask these questions everytime. trade it in and buy a yugo
                          I know Josh, I ask questions, read instructions, use a torque wrench, $hit I even measure before cutting . . . all very odd rituals according to Tomb Raider.

Comment

OK now to fix your problem ( put the joint side on the frame and the bushing on the axle ) this will fix the problem you want the joint to flex with the frame not the axle they will keep doing the same thing if you just replace the bushings...

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Man View Post
                              OK now to fix your problem ( put the joint side on the frame and the bushing on the axle ) this will fix the problem you want the joint to flex with the frame not the axle they will keep doing the same thing if you just replace the bushings...
                              I'd thought about doing that last time, but was told I should keep the bushings on the frame and that's also what the instructions from RE said to do. How will turning the arms around make a difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X