Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    \gregg,

My vacation starts the 30th and runs through the 17th of August. Part of the time we'll be taking the truck & trailer (no Jeep ) up to the Sequoia Natinal Forest. We haven't firmed up the plans as of yet. I'll be PMing you as my wife and I figure out our plans. But I'm always looking to do a local day or night trip for that matter.
    Great Roger, Let me know and lets do it. Gregg
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Greg

the Cherokee is lookin' good. You can explore 90% of what is out there with the way your rig is set up.

Stephan

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
        Very clean subtle look to your rig. I haven't tried disconnecting the rear sway bar on mine yet. How does it handle on the hwy? I have JKS Quicker connects up front, but haven't had them connected for about a yr now:doh. It roles alittle more in cornering on the streets, but seems to ride alittle softer also.
        With the front AND rear disconnected it will roll even more.

While it is very much driveable that way, err on the side of caution and hook up your swaybar.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
          Looks like the swaybar in the rear is getting modified to become a quick connect like the front. Thanks for the info
          Remove the rear altogether. Just remember to reconnect the front on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
            Greg

the Cherokee is lookin' good. You can explore 90% of what is out there with the way your rig is set up.

Stephan
            Actually probably more than 90%. Trac lock in back and locker in the front more like 98% I'm thinking.
            I'm still planning on a winch but other than that I'm pretty much done with it. I only want a winch because I do want to feel a little safer out by myself.
            Gregg Turk
            West Oak Hills
            greggturk.com

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
              Actually probably more than 90%. Trac lock in back and locker in the front more like 98% I'm thinking.
              I'm still planning on a winch but other than that I'm pretty much done with it. I only want a winch because I do want to feel a little safer out by myself.
              Yup with the front and rear traction aids, you're probably right. That's a great build. I assume you've got skidplates on it.

What kind of locker do you have in the front? Any issues on the street?

I'd like to add a traction aid on the front of my daily driver '97. I just put on 235/75r15 BFG AT's. I have a homebrew lift (1" spacer for the front, MJ shackles for the rear) waiting to go on. I need to scrounge up a t-case and gas tank skid.
              Last edited by karstic; 07-11-09, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
                Yup with the front and rear traction aids, you're probably right. That's a great build. I assume you've got skidplates on it.

What kind of locker do you have in the front? Any issues on the street?

I'd like to add a traction aid on the front of my daily driver '97. I just put on 235/75r15 BFG AT's. I have a homebrew lift (1" spacer for the front, MJ shackles for the rear) waiting to go on. I need to scrounge up a t-case and gas tank skid.
                I don't know what kind the front locker is. It is a lunchbox type and it was installed before I got the XJ. The only issue on pavement is in 4 wheel drive. In 2 wheel it is fine. You can feel it but it is just kind of a heavy feel. If you turn sharp though in 4 wheel it is really jerky. When I got the XJ it didn't have a front drive shaft and the transfer case chain was laying in the bottom of the case. As I got things back to working I've been very satisfied with the performance off road. I don't have any after market skids but I've not banged the bottom yet either. I'm planning on adding an AJ T/C skid eventually. Having raced on two wheels for 40 years I'm pretty careful how I go over stuff.
                Gregg Turk
                West Oak Hills
                greggturk.com

Comment

Working...
                X