Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Inch Lift on my XJ

I have been running my XJ for a couple of years with 30 x 9.50 tires at stock height. I have been quite content with its performance but I thought it looked a little funky. After exploring a lot of options I purchased a 2 inch lift kit from Skyjacker for $150. Spacer in front and shackles in back. I had the proper Skyjacker shocks already that I had installed a couple of years ago so I didn't need to buy shocks. I am pretty happy with the end result. It rides well and since I took off the rear sway bar it actually works better offroad and I think it looks much better. After I wear out the 30's I'm going to put on 31 x 10.5's.
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

that is a nice clean unit! the 2 inch looks great!

Comment

Sweet Jeep! Rear definately works a little better w/out the rear swaybar. Try using the swaybar mount brackets for upper rear shock mounts to get rid of the bar pins (home made BPE or bar pin eliminator)
      Here is a pic of the BPE installed looking up at it from underneath:

Gives a little more extension on the shock and you never have to worry about the bar pin screws failing and messing up the works.

Comment

Very clean subtle look to your rig. I haven't tried disconnecting the rear sway bar on mine yet. How does it handle on the hwy? I have JKS Quicker connects up front, but haven't had them connected for about a yr now:doh. It roles alittle more in cornering on the streets, but seems to ride alittle softer also.
        Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

you wont hardly feel it on the road, it will make the ride quite a bit better off road...

Comment

I notice a little more roll in the rear but so far it isn't an issue. I little softer ride. I don't really drive the XJ on the hwy much as I usually trailer it behind my RV. I'm pretty new to the Jeep community and don't have anybody to do exploring with and I'm reluctant to go out alone. So far I've taken it out to the desert races and enjoyed the ability to comfortably roam around and watch from many vantage points.

Gregg Turk
            West Oak Hills
            greggturk.com

Comment

Lookin good man! BTW look inside your shackle box and see if the bumper bolt that goes into the box is hitting the shackle. if it is you can just cut it down to size.
              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                I notice a little more roll in the rear but so far it isn't an issue. I little softer ride. I don't really drive the XJ on the hwy much as I usually trailer it behind my RV. I'm pretty new to the Jeep community and don't have anybody to do exploring with and I'm reluctant to go out alone. So far I've taken it out to the desert races and enjoyed the ability to comfortably roam around and watch from many vantage points.

If you are looking for someone to go jeepin with up in Oak Hills area, I have a buddy in Hesperia thats always running out to Deep Creek and other places, and he's always looking for someone to go with.
                Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                  you wont hardly feel it on the road, it will make the ride quite a bit better off road...
                  Looks like the swaybar in the rear is getting modified to become a quick connect like the front. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
                    If you are looking for someone to go jeepin with up in Oak Hills area, I have a buddy in Hesperia thats always running out to Deep Creek and other places, and he's always looking for someone to go with.
                    That would be great. I seem to only know hard core rock crawlers. my email is gregg@greggturk.com and my web page is www.greggturk.com

Thanks
                    Gregg Turk
                    West Oak Hills
                    greggturk.com

Comment

That would be great. I seem to only know hard core rock crawlers. my email is gregg@greggturk.com and my web page is www.greggturk.com

Thanks
                      Gregg, I'm not a rock crawler and I have Fridays off. So let's go!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Gregg, I'm not a rock crawler and I have Fridays off. So let's go!
                        That would be great. My wife and I are headed to Utah next week and we'll be back the 27th, how about the Friday after that! July 31st. I really don't care where we go so you pick a run. I can meet you in Lucerne if you want to do that area. That picture of the desert race was RUTS M/C at Cougar Buttes.
                        Thanks for the offer,
                        Gregg
                        Gregg Turk
                        West Oak Hills
                        greggturk.com

Comment

\gregg,

My vacation starts the 30th and runs through the 17th of August. Part of the time we'll be taking the truck & trailer (no Jeep ) up to the Sequoia Natinal Forest. We haven't firmed up the plans as of yet. I'll be PMing you as my wife and I figure out our plans. But I'm always looking to do a local day or night trip for that matter.
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks
                            No problem. I will pass on your info to him. He's on the " permanent vacation list " and has nothing to do all week long. Are you going to Cleghorn on the
                            18th? Should be a good run for your XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
                              No problem. I will pass on your info to him. He's on the " permanent vacation list " and has nothing to do all week long. Are you going to Cleghorn on the
                              18th? Should be a good run for your XJ.
                              Thanks for the pass it on, no I'm not doing Cleghorn. I pretty much live on Cleghorn (right above it) and I really enjoy it. But I work that day from 1 to 5 and then we have church from 6 to 7:30. I'm not much of a night person anyway. Mornings are my best time of day. After 40 years of racing in the desert I'm used to hitting the trail early, except when we did the night section of the 1000, 360 miles in the dark ending in La Paz at 2AM. Didn't care for that much either :=)
                              Gregg Turk
                              West Oak Hills
                              greggturk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X