Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got some bad news! I need a....Help?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your drive shaft go see Bruce at High Desert Driveline. He can remake your old one in to what it needs to be. He is a wheeler (FToy type and CJ7)and a really nice guy:

16650 Spruce
    Hesperia
    244-0066
    Rich

Comment

yeah, the whole point to the SYE is to allow for a longer rear driveshaft to correct driveshaft angle and move the slip spline from the T-case to the driveshaft. what year jeep do ya have?
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Comment

The hack and tap uses the stock output shaft which is about half the diameter of the replacement SYE
          if you can afford it buy the SYE.
          Yes you need a cv styke driveshaft either with an sye kit or with the rubicon expres hack and tap kit
          to get a cheap cv style driveshat fint a front shaft out of an XJ/ Cherokee and have it shortend
          used shaft 40 bucks having it cut and rewelded and balanced by a driveline shop about a 100 bucks

Comment

Good point. Is it stronger than one I would buy or? What year to look for? These are just ideas I am running through my head

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
              Try 4-West in Colton. They are great on pricing!! They are the ones who originally did my lift before I got the new one on the TV show. Also, you can try Apple Valley Town Country on Bear Valley & Kiowa. They might not have in stock but can order for ya...also great pricing and service.
              I got the antenna bracket and adapter there (4-west) yesterday.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                The hack and tap uses the stock output shaft which is about half the diameter of the replacement SYE
                if you can afford it buy the SYE.
                Yes you need a cv styke driveshaft either with an sye kit or with the rubicon expres hack and tap kit
                to get a cheap cv style driveshat fint a front shaft out of an XJ/ Cherokee and have it shortend
                used shaft 40 bucks having it cut and rewelded and balanced by a driveline shop about a 100 bucks
                Like i posted before, ive yet to see one fail...

As for the XJ shaft, i would say just save your money and buy a good new CV DS. By the time you take into account your time to pull an XJ shaft, find a shop to chop and balance it, replace the joints if theyre bad, your looking at about the same price...

Two major things ive learned are:

1) You get what you pay for, period.
                2) Do things right the first time. Might as well not have to buy things twice when the first doesnt cut it anymore.
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post

Two major things ive learned are:

1) You get what you pay for, period.
                  2) Do things right the first time. Might as well not have to buy things twice when the first doesnt cut it anymore.
                  Agree. Good advise.:thumbs_up
                  Check out .

Comment

Working...
                  X