Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got some bad news! I need a....Help?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got some bad news! I need a....Help?

I was just told I need a slip-joint eliminator for my 4" lift. No one from RC ever told me. Arggg! Where do I get one the cheapest? I guess I need an axle too?

Thanks guys.

4 inch you need one 3 to 3.5 inch is what I have and I dont need one. I have seen sye kit with shaft for < $200 and yes you do need a new driveshaft which is whats going to cost alot more. I plan on lifting my jeep to 4 4,5 inches in the future and allready have a sye kit but I need to find a resonably priced cv style driveshaft also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      4 inch you need one 3 to 3.5 inch is what I have and I dont need one. I have seen sye kit with shaft for < $200 and yes you do need a new driveshaft which is whats going to cost alot more. I plan on lifting my jeep to 4 4,5 inches in the future and allready have a sye kit but I need to find a resonably priced cv style driveshaft also.
      Can you tell me where for $200?

I am going to post a picture to confirm I don't have one. Previous owner I thought said I had one?

Thanks
      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-10-09, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Look on the web and Ebay they are out there
        For a cv shaft you can try to find a used front xj driveshaft at the junkyard and have it cut and balanced. However with a transfer case drop and a 1 inch motor mount lift you might be ok for now its worth a try the lift kit should come with the transfer case drop if not some 1 inch square tubing with some holes drilled in it and longer bolts works very well. Then either make or buy a 1 inch motor mount lift kit and see how it does. For a sye kit you need adjustable upper rear control arms also if this is a TJ

Comment

Here is picture (below). Taken from my cell, so excuse the bad quality

Here is the kit I bought.
          http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_yj_4.html

Comment

Try 4-West in Colton. They are great on pricing!! They are the ones who originally did my lift before I got the new one on the TV show. Also, you can try Apple Valley Town Country on Bear Valley & Kiowa. They might not have in stock but can order for ya...also great pricing and service.

Comment

You have the stock drive shaft, its definitely not a cv shaft. Compare it to the front driveshaft near the transfer case and you will see what a cv shaft looks like.
              Try the transfercase drop and a motor mount lift first. The other route is better but will cost between 400 to 700 bucks before its said and done. Meaning sye kit 200 to 250 bucks cv shaft somewhere between 150 to 350. then adjustable upper control amr somewhere between 120 to 220 depending on the brand. Gets pricey doesn't it?
              Last edited by aw12345; 05-10-09, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                You have the stock drive shaft, its definitely not a cv shaft. Compare it to the front driveshaft near the transfer case and you will see what a cv shaft looks like.
                Try the transfercase drop and a motor mount lift first. The other route is better but will cost between 400 to 700 bucks before its said and done. Meaning sye kit 200 to 250 bucks cv shaft somewhere between 150 to 350. then adjustable upper control amr somewhere between 120 to 220 depending on the brand. Gets pricey doesn't it?

Motor mount or transmission mount? Where do I get that at? How will I know if it worked?

Comment

What you need is a spacer that mounts underneath the motor mounts. I think JKS makes some
                  Also drop the skidplate for the transfercase down 1"
                  After that if the driveline does not viberate, you are good to go
                  Some jeeps will run good this way and some don't
                  With jeeps there are no hard fast rules try it its definitely a cheaper way to

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16066_00.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16006_102.htm

Comment

Thanks!

Kit came with a tcase drop kit.

How easy is it to install motor mount spacer?

Comment

Looks pretty split. Hopefully, I was just nervous after hearing that and it's no big deal. I am hearing it's split 50-50 if the tcase drop alone will fix any vibs.

I also noticed, some don't install the drop pitman arm. Why not?

Comment

Heres a pretty good deal on a whole set up on the bay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYE-K...Q5fAccessories edit: actually its an awesome deal I really dont think you will find a better deal than this anywhere.
                        Last edited by Jeeperator; 05-11-09, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Why would you want to drop all that and loose ground clearance? I would go with a Double Cardan and keep your skid clearance. Give these guys a try.
                          http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html
                          Check out .

Comment

x2 Chuck (Dirtman) has a good choice, I just recently bought from Tom Woods got the driveshaft/slipyoke combo for right about 500.00 ..works great..
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              Why would you want to drop all that and loose ground clearance? I would go with a Double Cardan and keep your skid clearance. Give these guys a try.
                              http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html
                              Simple and sweet...Money! I didn't budget this into the lift. I need this done within "X" time. Can I get away with (for now) the CS drop the kit comes with?

I called them. They are about $525 (upgraded drive shaft) + shipping. The post from EBay was cheaper.
                              Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-11-09, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X