Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I,m one to stay away from work!!lol..Steveo can,t go till after 12 pm. on Monday can ya wait til then ??
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Steve,

Here is one more picture while it was removed to take off the OX cover tody.

Mitch

Comment

Excellent....THANKS!!!

Comment

I like you gaurd, what are your thoughts about hole sawing a couple 1" diameter holes for draining and easily mud rinsing. Has cleaning this out been a problem with pooling and diff rusting?

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
            uh, no.

I have a friend with a plasma cutter and a welder, and he works for cheap!
            Hey Steve, let me know what you came up with...that rockit slider and a home made addition could easily be a nice solution. Although, IMS isn't cheap

But I would like to see what comes out this, as I have been trying to figure out a way to fab an inexpensive version as well....(Need to practice the welding skills or lack of anyway.... )
            David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
            I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Clay,

The home made rear slider has two drain holes in the back corners and they work fine (behind the lose bolts in the last picture).

Mitch

Comment

Just bought some 3/8" steel. Hopefully start cutting and welding this baby together tomorrow!

Comment

i converted my yokes to U-bolt style and I just run them. The U-bolts are cheap, stronger than strap types and rarely get so beat up I have to change them. The best way to prevent yoke damage in the front is to put a HP axle in!
                  It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

FINALLY got this thing done enough for Calico.

I'm getting myself a welder, cuz it sucks to wait on others! This thing weighs 33 pounds. Its made out of 3/8" steel and protects the yoke. I have a little trimming and am going to add a piece between bottom lip and sides (already cut, just need to weld them in place.)

Comment

Only one thing to say (GLAD I,M NOT A ROCK!!!) Looks good Steveo..
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Very nice,looks like a good fab from the Pic's
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                        X